Timer support

Posted on
Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:45 pm
howartp offline

Timer support

Howdy.

How about adding support for timers in the LCD plugin?

The AlarmClock option only works with Alarm Clocks per your other plugin, but state-based can`t decipher the longTextState that Timers user.

Timer Minutes are ok , but Seconds are the whole seconds from SETPOINT to zero.

Can you add an option for timers that deciphers Minutes and Seconds into 00:00 style format?

(And add a colon character to your graphics which I don`t think exists yet?)

This is after you`ve written the iOS app for Alarm Clocks of course.

Peter

Posted on
Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:49 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Timer support

howartp wrote:
This is after you`ve written the iOS app for Alarm Clocks of course.

LOL!

howartp wrote:
How about adding support for timers in the LCD plugin?

I'll check into that and see what makes sense. Maybe you can give me a screenshot of what you are seeing that you want to improve.

howartp wrote:
And add a colon character to your graphics which I don`t think exists yet?

Yes, colons are there, along with nearly 600 other images :).

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:32 pm
howartp offline

ImageImage

Timer PAH time is 4 minutes 55 seconds (ish).

But the states are
00:04:55
4 (minutes)
295 (seconds)

I'd like an LCD display of 04:55 but I can't see a way of parsing that in your current options.

Peter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:06 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

I just put up a 1.1.1 pre-release with two new value types that should handle this for you, give it a try and if it all works well then I'll make the update official. There are no image changes as of yet (not to say I might not throw a few in for the "official" release so keep your eyes peeled for the update announcement), so just install the plugin only - unless of course you never updated all your images from 1.1.0 in the first place :).

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:18 am
howartp offline

Well, you took your time - what have you been doing all day?

;-)

Yep, that works well thanks - though I'd prefer a separate colon image the same height as the rest of the icons, but only as wide as the colon (plus spacing) - ie not the whole width of the current ones.

I could do that myself, but the coding would need to allow for it.

Peter

Posted on
Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:42 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

howartp wrote:
I'd prefer a separate colon image the same height as the rest of the icons, but only as wide as the colon

Probably not going to happen in this generation of the plugin since colons are already accounted for as part of the individual character files (there is a A and a A: file), one of the primary reasons for this is because it takes up an extra space in an already tight 4 character spot, which would mean I would need frames that support 4.5 to 5 spaces.

And the code most certainly does the opposite of supporting that, the code is set that if there is a colon then the image file is changed, so for A: it would be ACOL as the image name.

What would the benefit be of having a separate colon image rather than having it already added on to the characters the way it is?

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:43 am
howartp offline

I personally think the colon is too squashed against the character it's with.

Other people may disagree. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:57 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

howartp wrote:
I personally think the colon is too squashed against the character it's with.

Fair enough :).

I suppose you could create your own set of images (and if you do and they look good I can include it as an option in the plugin ZIP file) doing something like this:
  1. Open the SPC.png image
  2. Since all the character are a little right, you could center them or move them further left
  3. On the *COL.png files you could put the colon in for the size and placement desired

The font is not my own, someone else created it, but I personally liked the look of it overall (colons and all) so that's what I went with. But I totally understand your point, it's not exactly the same as what you might see on a clock (many of them anyway).

There probably aren't a whole lot of folks using the plugin but if that changes and the majority of the users want the LCD images to change I'll seriously consider it. The code was easy, it's the images that take all the time :).

Check Them Out Here

Page 1 of 1