LCD Creator - Error

Posted on
Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:06 am
DaveL17 offline

LCD Creator - Error

Hi C4W - I happened to notice this in my log this morning:

Code: Select all
2016-06-10 00:00:01.692   EPS - LCD Creator Error   Error in plugin execution ServerReplacedElem:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 308, in deviceUpdated
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/EPS LCD Creator.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/eps/plug.py", line 54, in updateChangedLCD
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/EPS LCD Creator.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/eps/lcd.py", line 71, in numberToLCD
ValueError: empty string for float()

2016-06-10 00:00:01.713   EPS - LCD Creator Error   Error in plugin execution ServerReplacedElem:

File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/EPS LCD Creator.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/eps/plug.py", line 54, in updateChangedLCD
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/EPS LCD Creator.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/eps/lcd.py", line 71, in numberToLCD

2016-06-10 00:00:01.728   EPS - LCD Creator Error   Error in plugin execution ServerReplacedElem:

2016-06-10 00:00:02.109   EPS - LCD Creator Error   Error in plugin execution ServerReplacedElem:

Which seems to have been triggered by the high/low values reset at midnight local. It seems to only happen once and then settles down (which I'm assuming is normal given that you're probably only calling the reset method once.) I have two LCD Creator devices and both are linked to WUnderground devices (high/low x 2 devices = 4 errors.) Are you pulling high/low from me or are you calculating it yourself? There is a chance that (right after midnight) WU are sending an empty string for high/low at the start of a new day.

LMK if there's anything that I need to do on my end.
D

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:39 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: LCD Creator - Error

You broke the plugin?!?!?! Dave, this is why we can't have nice things!

Actually I saw that in my log this morning as well and it is the reset and probably is due to your resetting about the same time as I am, I'll fix that and put out an update today - I have a couple other things to do to it anyway.

To answer your question I do my own high/low because I didn't want to have to have several routines doing the same thing for different devices and that was an easy one to keep as a single routine :).

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:44 am
DaveL17 offline

Re: LCD Creator - Error

Sounds good. Glad it's not just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Page 1 of 1