Last Updated To Elapsed Minutes Not Updating

Posted on
Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:27 pm
rycardo offline

Last Updated To Elapsed Minutes Not Updating

I'm running version 2.0.4 of your plugin.

I have a device extension for each of my 6 Insteon motion sensors, they convert the last updated to elapsed minutes. However, I find that for a good number of the extensions gets stuck at "0 Min".

For example, right now it's 19:18, and my Kitchen Motion Sensor was last updated at 18:24, the device extension shows "0 Min". I created a new Device Extension, with the same properties/values and it initially started counting the elapsed time, but as soon as the motion sensor had motion, it stayed at 0.

There are several people in the house right now, and sensors are going on/off repeatedly. But not in the kitchen.

In trying to figure this out, if reload the plugin the device extensions are updated, and count the elapsed time for a period of time.

In looking at the list of sensors and extensions, it appears that once the device goes on (motion), then off (no motion), that's when it gets stuck at 0.

Actually, in watching them, whilst typing this, it appears once the host device goes to it's off state, that when it remains at 0. As long as the motion sensor has motion, elapsed continues. It zeros when motion stops, and then remains that way. Even though, the Last Updated column of the Devices list shows "2018-02-07 18:24:47".

Here is something interesting as well:
7 Feb 2018 at 19:13:52
Received INSTEON "Kitchen Motion Sensor" off (button 1)

EPS - Device Extensions Debug 'Kitchen Motion Sensor' attribute 'lastChanged' has changed, notifying 'Kitchen Motion Elapsed'
EPS - Device Extensions Debug 'Kitchen Motion Sensor' attribute 'lastChanged' has changed, notifying 'Kitchen Motion Elapsed 3'

However, now at 19:23, the two device extensions both show "0 Min"

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks,

Rycardo

Posted on
Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:32 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Last Updated To Elapsed Minutes Not Updating

Try downloading the latest version on Git. It has a few experimental things in there but that issue was one of the things that got some attention recently. It's taken a bit of a back burner to the HomeKit Bridge but I'll be giving it love again pretty soon because it ties into HomeKit Bridge.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:13 pm
rycardo offline

Initially I read your reply as Try downloading the latest version of Git, but after drinking coffee, and reading again, I noticed the word on.

I have installed 2.0.7, and that seems to have resolved this issue. Thanks.

Since this version isn't yet available here, is there something I should be aware of or look out for? Is it beta, or has known bugs/issues?

Rycardo

Posted on
Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:37 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

rycardo wrote:
Since this version isn't yet available here, is there something I should be aware of or look out for? Is it beta, or has known bugs/issues?

Not really. There's some stuff on some devices regarding Homebridge Buddy but just ignore them, they won't work anyway. It was just some bug fixes and it is in beta because of the Homebridge Buddy stuff but nothing more.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:40 pm
rycardo offline

cool - thanks again!

Page 1 of 1