Irrigation Extension on Multiple Sprinkler Devices

Posted on
Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:31 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Device Extensions Released

Please download the latest plugin, 1.4.2. I have added a pause/resume (which was always there but only if rain was detected, I expanded that) and there is now an option in the settings of the device to "Remember the last schedule ran" instead of using the defaults it will always show you the values based on the LAST SCHEDULE YOU RAN. I put that last bit in all caps because I wanted to make sure you understand that if you run some other schedule it will show up as the zone times rather than the "same schedule" that you generally run. Also, if you enable that checkbox and just turn a zone on where it runs the default time, the schedule will STILL reflect the last run. Basically that checkbox ignores the defaults in all cases.

I believe this will answer the rest of your needs, I probably wasted 500 gallons of water testing it to make sure it did what it should :D

akimball wrote:
The sprinkler icons are standard Indigo issue

If you have ever seen my ROM system then you might guess it's been a VERY long time since I looked at the stock Indigo icons :). Still cool though!

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:26 pm
akimball offline

Will have to look at your ROM system. :)

So, I had great success with version 1.4.3 on the first EZFlora. So I went to setup devices for my other EZFlora's.... here is a screen shot:

FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg (432.42 KiB) Viewed 5205 times

The numbers for the zone times are above the sprinkler heads for each of the 3 EZFlora's. Notice that I ran all three EZFlora's at the same time. The numbers and values for the first one are working but not for the other two.

Down below are notifications about remaining run time etc..

I tried running just one EZFlora at a time... and still the only one that works is the first one.

Edit: I should mention that the numbers (in yellow) above the sprinkler heads are correct for the my 2nd and 3rd EZFlora maximum zone irritation times set up in those devices, but since the zones are are watering, the numbers for all zones, those values should be the scheduled watering times.

Finally, you may notice that I also setup a Extended Weather device and the max/min temperature and humidity numbers listed beside the old weather device, are now in place.

I appreciate your hard work and sorry I'm so good at breaking things :)

-Al

Posted on
Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:34 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

So you are saying the first one works and the other two NEVER do? I honestly have no idea why shat would be the case, if one works I'm not sure why two other identical ones would not. For me I have only the one so I cannot reproduce the problem to see what, if any, the issue may be. For one thing running three at the same time is going to seriously tax the system because of the calculations that have to happen - this might not be a problem if your Indigo server is pretty decent.

Three at the same time and two don't run, that might be something but 2 of 3 devices not working at all sound strange to me.

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:41 pm
akimball offline

Keep in mind I've tried them one at a time too. I will try deleting the first one which works and the last one (for zones 17..24) and play with one for 9..16.

I've also tried creating new devices rather than duplicating and changing controllers... and have tried various ways of creating fields on the control page. Will keep looking for an issue.

But the first one is working great along with all associated fields.

Edit: Yes, I'm saying the other two (aside from reporting the correct max zone durations right) don't work when I press the schedule play buttons... I'll look for another cause. Also, the zone counters don't count for anything but the first device.

8 of my 24 zones have yet to be implemented, although the valves are in place for most of them. I'm still landscaping the backyard. The maximum zone durations for these 8 zones is set to 0 for now.

-Al

Posted on
Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:22 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

While not a perfect test I created five copies of my Extended Irrigation controller and all 5 updated just fine running "simultaneously" (in quotes because it's all pointing to a single sprinkler controller).

Can you go into the plugin menu for Device Extensions and do a support dump and PM it to me so I can take a look? You probably want to clear your log first so you can just CMD-A -> CMD-C to get it all since it'll be a big log.

I can then look at that data dump and see if there is anything odd that might be throwing things off.

EDIT: You might want to do it while all three sprinklers are on so I can see what the plugin is seeing at that time.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:39 pm
akimball offline

Will do... I have had the zone times update for the other two now... but still trying to get a countdown. Not sure what woke those up.

-Al

Posted on
Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:42 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Irrigation Extension on Multiple Sprinkler Devices

Moved this conversation from viewtopic.php?f=197&t=16194&start=30

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:52 pm
akimball offline

Just about to dump that log (still need to turn on logging in the plugin).... however, thought you'd be interested... without the log, I tried to start a sprinkler and got several errors... this is what I get...

Action Group Sprinkler - 09..16
Sprinkler scheduled "Sprinkler Zones 09 to 11" zone durations: 30.00, 30.00, 30.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
Sprinkler turning "Sprinkler Zones 09 to 11" zone 1 on for 30.00 minutes
EPS - Device Extensions Error Error in plugin execution ServerReplacedElem:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 107, in deviceUpdated
File "plugin.py", line 150, in updateDevice
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/EPS Device Extensions.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/eps/SmartIrrigation.py", line 76, in updateIrrigation
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/EPS Device Extensions.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/eps/SmartIrrigation.py", line 223, in getTotalRunTime
IndexError: list index out of range

Sent INSTEON "Sprinkler Zones 09 to 11 - South Lawn - Fence Heads" on (ack: valve 1 on)
Trigger Sprinklers - Zone 09

File "plugin.py", line 107, in deviceUpdated
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/EPS Device Extensions.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/eps/SmartIrrigation.py", line 159, in updateIrrigation
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/EPS Device Extensions.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/eps/SmartIrrigation.py", line 228, in getTotalRunTime

File "plugin.py", line 93, in deviceUpdated
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/EPS Device Extensions.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/eps/SmartIrrigation.py", line 170, in updateIrrigation
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/EPS Device Extensions.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/eps/SmartIrrigation.py", line 223, in getTotalRunTime

File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/EPS Device Extensions.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/eps/SmartIrrigation.py", line 170, in updateIrrigation

-Al

Posted on
Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:55 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Irrigation Extension on Multiple Sprinkler Devices

That's the first time you got that message? I would have expected that message the first time the 3rd controller came online! Do me a favor and enable zone 8 on that controller, that's why it's complaining. I can fix the issue but that should get you past the hump and may give you reporting on the 3rd controller.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:59 pm
akimball offline

First time I noticed it... haven;t been looking at the log until you suggested it. :)

-Al

Posted on
Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:04 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Good to know. Logs are nice things to look at when things aren't working :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:05 pm
akimball offline

I gave the 8th zone at least 1 minute on all EZFlora's. That message went away. I sent you a PM with the log.

-Al

Posted on
Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:09 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Awesome, I just looked at the log now. So, with the message gone are the timers working on it or still not? I suspect it has to do with the controller for zones 9 to 11 not having zones 4-8 enabled. So far my cursory exam of the support dump looks like everything should work if all zones are enabled on all devices. This is just a workaround for now until I put in a bit more checking for enabled/disabled zones in the plugin.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:13 pm
akimball offline

I gave zones 8 on the last two controller 1 minute. I'll enable all of them.

-Al

Posted on
Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:18 pm
akimball offline

Success. :) I gave the max irrigation values a value of 1 for all fields. Now the countdown timers work. I think that's the last issue.... although I was using a value of 0 in those fields to make sure I didn't pump water into oblivion for zones not yet installed; it was insurance. I'm still not running those zones however from the schedule to all is well.

-Al