Device Extensions Released

Posted on
Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:34 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Device Extensions Released

NOTICE
The original post, including information, screen shots, installation & documentation has been moved to THIS OTHER THREAD.

The rest of this topic has been left intact.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:14 pm
DaveL17 offline

Re: New Plugin: Device Extension

Okay, this sounds really amazing and has the very real potential to eliminate a number of my one-off scripts. I'm looking forward to taking it for a test drive. Thanks for contributing it, and for supporting the WUnderground Plugin!

Dave

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:22 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Thanks Dave! It was fully my intention to eliminate a number of my own one-off scripts when I sat down to (re) design this. I have written 50+ plugins and am just getting around to making them less "cloogey" for my own use and putting them out there for other folks so if it helps then mission accomplished! I love your WU script by the way! I had used the WU stuff but got away from it when I had some problem eons ago but recently returned to it and love the forecasting part of it, can't wait to incorporate that into my stuff!

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:35 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

DaveL17 wrote:
Okay, this sounds really amazing and has the very real potential to eliminate a number of my one-off scripts. I'm looking forward to taking it for a test drive. Thanks for contributing it, and for supporting the WUnderground Plugin!

+1 - this is a great plugin. Ain't it great when others can extend the work you've done? Can't wait to show you guys (developers) the goodies we have in Indigo 7 for you... :wink:

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:39 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

jay (support) wrote:
Can't wait to show you guys (developers) the goodies we have in Indigo 7 for you.

OMG what a tease! Now change out of that prom dress and tell us more :D

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:26 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Sorry, but I'm afraid you won't be hearing from Jay for a few days. I had to put him back in the dungeon.

Posted on
Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:05 pm
durosity offline

Dungeon? Prom dress? Jay? Sounds like my kind of party!

Also this plugin looks awesomeness! Again it's going to make certain things so much simpler! Can't wait to see what other plugins you're going to release :D

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:10 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

matt (support) wrote:
Sorry, but I'm afraid you won't be hearing from Jay for a few days. I had to put him back in the dungeon.

Matt, once you are done lowering the bucket into the well (you know, so it can put the lotion on its skin), any chance of giving us a glimmer of whats to come in 7.0 development wise that was so exciting you had to put Jay into the well in the first place? There's a part of me that doesn't want to spend a lot more time developing plugins if the API is going to either make them obsolete or render them problematic :).

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:42 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

There are no drastic changes to the API that would make any work you do now obsolete (mainly because what we're adding just isn't really practically possible in the form of a workaround). And definitely nothing that would cause anything you have now to break, so don't feel the need to stop anything.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:35 pm
durosity offline

I don’t suppose you fancy adding a “rounding” option to this plugin? I’ve got lots of triggers and scripts to do this for me but i’d like to tidy it up into a simple plugin (well i say simple.. for you i’m sure). I’d like it to be able to take a number, for example 21.42ºC and change it to just 21.4 or 21 or even 20. This would be most useful for control page images which change based on that device/variable value (in my particular case slightly different shades of colour depending on the temperature of the device being monitored but i’m sure it could be applied to various other applications)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:35 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

durosity wrote:
I don’t suppose you fancy adding a “rounding” option to this plugin?

Pretty simple to do, are you talking just the conversion extension for F to C and C to F then?

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:37 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

By the way, those two functions already round to 1 decimal on their own.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:50 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Updated!

1.2.0 now available adding decimal precision to temperature conversions.

Docs and screenshot updated.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:10 pm
durosity offline

You really are on the ball aren't you! I'll have a lookie in the morning.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:24 am
aderrington offline

Hi,

This looks like a great plug in, I'm just trying to set up an irrigation device, However i've created my own with a fibaro module controlling a solenoid that allows the water to flow to the drip feeders which works great. But your plugin could make the whole thing truly automatic.

Is there anyway to allow a Fibaro relay to be an irrigation device?

Thanks,
Andrew