New Plugin: FreePBX

Posted on
Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:45 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

New Plugin: FreePBX

forum.png
FreePBX
forum.png (220.94 KiB) Viewed 13714 times

"Control your Asterisk based FreePBX phone system with Indigo!

In case you never heard of FreePBX it is a completely free full featured PBX that will run on just about any old computer you have sitting around and is more full featured than most $15,000 professional phone systems (PBX's) out there."

NAVIGATE: Plugin Store Download | GitHub Downloads & Release Notes | Manual

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Introduction

This new plugin gives you control over your FreePBX phone system from Indigo. While this is an ongoing development project and many more features are planned, right now the plugin will allow you to control your Do Not Disturb, Call Forwarding and Call Flow features on FreePBX so long as you install the RestAPI module.

I don't know how many Indigo users use FreePBX but I have used it and Asterisk for my home and businesses for many years and have always wanted to have a good API into it. Their documentation is vapor so I've had to really dig through the source of FreePBX to get this working and it's nice to finally have this functionality.

If you haven't ever looked at FreePBX for your house I would highly recommend you do, it's a fantastic way to control your home phone system and gives you infinite control and capabilities. Once you add a few SIP lines to your normal inbound POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service) lines that you likely have now then you have super robust multi lined phone system for your home. Pair this with the Twilio plugin (Twilio can be your SIP line provider if you want) and you really get an amazing tool for your Home Automation.

If you have general FreePBX questions I can probably answer a good deal of those, I've used and supported it for ages.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 4.40.05 PM.png
PBX Server
Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 4.40.05 PM.png (46.29 KiB) Viewed 14131 times
Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 4.40.16 PM.png
PBX Extension
Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 4.40.16 PM.png (35.09 KiB) Viewed 14131 times
Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 4.40.39 PM.png
Call Forwarding
Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 4.40.39 PM.png (94.4 KiB) Viewed 14131 times
Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 4.40.57 PM.png
Actions
Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 4.40.57 PM.png (24.09 KiB) Viewed 14131 times
Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 4.42.54 PM.png
Extension States
Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 4.42.54 PM.png (35.03 KiB) Viewed 14131 times

freepbx-logo-1.png
freepbx-logo-1.png (14.31 KiB) Viewed 14131 times
Attachments
header.png
FreePBX
header.png (268.12 KiB) Viewed 13718 times

Posted on
Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:56 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: New Plugin: FreePBX (Beta)

You still have a POTS line to your house? How 20th Century of you. :shock:

But thanks for the Twilio plug. ;)

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:59 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
You still have a POTS line to your house? How 20th Century of you. :shock:

Well, sort of, I have Xfinity phone service because SIP isn't always spot on, sometimes there are jitters and if the other side has problems I can call them back on that. Plus if the Internet goes down then most of the time the phone line is still up.

I actually didn't for the longest time, I was on Vonage from the time the started up until they went far south, I've only had "POTS" (not really, Xfinity is digital) for a couple years.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:00 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Oh, and I LOVE Twilio, it's a great SIP service and your plugin is most amazing to use with it. I haven't done too much with it but it's certainly on the map.

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:01 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
Oh, and I LOVE Twilio, it's a great SIP service and your plugin is most amazing to use with it. I haven't done too much with it but it's certainly on the map.

Feature requests always welcome.

I keep meaning to dig into the API more. I keep thinking there might be a way to create Studio flows or Functions via the API, so users wouldn't need to use the Twilio Dashboard to set complex things up.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:03 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
I actually didn't for the longest time, I was on Vonage from the time the started up until they went far south, I've only had "POTS" (not really, Xfinity is digital) for a couple years.

We used Vonage when we moved from VA to CA in '04. Ported our VA number to Vonage, and my wife's customers in VA just kept calling the same number they used before. Kept it until we went full-time in the RV in '08 (including a move to TX). But since '04 we've been cell phone only.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:05 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
I keep meaning to dig into the API more. I keep thinking there might be a way to create Studio flows or Functions via the API, so users wouldn't need to use the Twilio Dashboard to set complex things up.

I wouldn't do that, the Twilio Studio dashboard is pretty good IMO. In fact, aren't I the one who recommended that to you as a feature request on Twilio? :wink:

You could use the studio to build a "PBX" IVR, but it's not very robust. FreePBX can be set up on a 15 year old computer and run beautifully and give you all sorts of functionality.

If my cell service was better I would consider going cell only because I can pipe my cell through FreePBX too, but for some reason my property is an AT&T dead zone and I don't like the other providers so.... POTS and SIP ;)

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:28 pm
DaveL17 offline

Wow -- that's pretty cool. Never heard of FreePBX before.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:21 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:07 pm
howartp offline

Cool, I looked at *pbx couple of years ago.

Time to look again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:30 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: New Plugin: FreePBX

Out of beta, version 1.0.0 has been submitted to the plugin store and is suitable for public consumption.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:10 am
sandconformgorgecloud offline

Hi
Do you think there is a way to work on PBX 15?
I'm stuck with this one now :(

Thanks

Posted on
Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:40 am
raoul offline

+1 to FreePBX 15 update.
Looked at adding to my system but running FreePBX 15 and as such I'm getting the following error;

illegal state key onOffState defined by plugin

I'm guessing this is an incompatibility with the current FreePBX?

Thanks

Posted on
Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:23 am
howartp offline

That sounds more like an Indigo problem than anything to do with version of pbx.

Can you post the full error then we can have a look?

(Author not been online since January)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:18 am
raoul offline

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, on revisting I found that I had an invalid Key ID, I've now edited that within python.py however my error (on reload is);
EPS - FreePBX Error Invalid response to FreePBX RestAPI on Office PBX: {
"status": "error",
"msg": "Route not found"
}

I have double checked the Server Token and Token Key.

If I go to edit the Device within Indigo I get the following error;

Error (client) illegal state key onOffState defined by plugin -- native state keys cannot be overriden (ignoring)
Error (client) illegal state key onOffState defined by plugin -- native state keys cannot be overriden (ignoring)

Thanks in advance.