Tado Thermostat Device Plugin

Posted on
Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:55 pm
durosity offline

Re: Tado Thermostat Device Plugin

Londonmark wrote:
Finally Tado now talks to HomeKit but the ability to control is limited. All you can do is invoke manual control and set a temp. Kind of defeats the object as you really want to be able to change the automatic home and away temps but I can see that’s complex.

To me this makes sense.. in effect you’re using homekit to enable the manual override. In use I suspect I’ll keep all of mine in manual mode and just use indigo to set the setpoints in exactly the same way I do with my old Stella-Z setup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:38 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

I'm probably going to start with zone 0 (likely zone 1 to you) first and work on giving full control, then rolling the rest out is just incrementing what I have already written. So if I can give zone 0 everything and it works great then we can expect that for subsequent zones.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:03 pm
durosity offline

Excellento! Looking forward to it!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:04 pm
Londonmark offline

durosity wrote:
Excellento! Looking forward to it!

Likewise

Posted on
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:04 pm
durosity offline

Oh and sorry just to add about the AC.. they do have a module for AC but I don’t presently have an air conditioning unit so rather useless to me, though I do intend to get one perhaps next year.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:05 pm
Londonmark offline

durosity wrote:
Londonmark wrote:
Finally Tado now talks to HomeKit but the ability to control is limited. All you can do is invoke manual control and set a temp. Kind of defeats the object as you really want to be able to change the automatic home and away temps but I can see that’s complex.

To me this makes sense.. in effect you’re using homekit to enable the manual override. In use I suspect I’ll keep all of mine in manual mode and just use indigo to set the setpoints in exactly the same way I do with my old Stella-Z setup!

Not sure why you wouldn’t set temps in auto mode and only have the heating on when someone is actually in the house...

Posted on
Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:07 pm
durosity offline

That’s what I do with my current system.. it’s mostly based off of triggers from the alarm system and states of play. I’m gonna play with the settings once I get it all fixed in place but I suspect my usage is more complex than what the tado system can handle itself (eg not turning on heating in certain rooms at all as they’re seldom used.. so only come on if I either manually tell it to do so or if the door opens, etc)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:36 am
Londonmark offline

durosity wrote:
That’s what I do with my current system.. it’s mostly based off of triggers from the alarm system and states of play. I’m gonna play with the settings once I get it all fixed in place but I suspect my usage is more complex than what the tado system can handle itself (eg not turning on heating in certain rooms at all as they’re seldom used.. so only come on if I either manually tell it to do so or if the door opens, etc)

Appreciate we all try doing complex stuff! You may be able to get away with automatic for commonly used rooms and manual for others. I currently use ifttt to switch from auto to manual in the event that someone without the tado app on their phone is home. Motion sensors spot that and then start a two hour timer.

Posted on
Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:22 am
durosity offline

Yeah I think having had it installed for a few days now it’s going to be a combination of manual over rides and schedules from the tado app.

So far it’s quite a nice system. Had a few odd issues like the hot water extension kit also turning on the downstairs heating circuit which they’re currently investigating.. and occasionally a TRV will not respond to a homekit request.. and indeed the lead time on it responding is a bit weird, sometimes immediately and sometimes upto 1 min.. I have a feeling I might not use their built in HB support and just feed it through homekit bridge once C4W has this tado plugin up and running... but we’ll see..

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:16 am
Londonmark offline

durosity wrote:
Yeah I think having had it installed for a few days now it’s going to be a combination of manual over rides and schedules from the tado app.

So far it’s quite a nice system. Had a few odd issues like the hot water extension kit also turning on the downstairs heating circuit which they’re currently investigating.. and occasionally a TRV will not respond to a homekit request.. and indeed the lead time on it responding is a bit weird, sometimes immediately and sometimes upto 1 min.. I have a feeling I might not use their built in HB support and just feed it through homekit bridge once C4W has this tado plugin up and running... but we’ll see..

Me too. We just need that plugin... ;-)

Posted on
Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:18 am
durosity offline

We do! If only C4W wasn’t so damn lazy

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:27 am
DaveL17 offline

I am just popping in to say that I'm tired of seeing Durosity's hand in my feed so I give you a picture of a rabbit with a pancake on its head.

pancake-bunny.gif
pancake-bunny.gif (77.03 KiB) Viewed 4113 times

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:27 am
durosity offline

Awww.. that’s lovely.. I’m so entertained by it I’m gonna give it a big thumbs up!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:26 am
agame offline

I'm back on deck, so able to provide another TADO login if you need it.
I have 2 thermostats, a radiator valve, and the airconditoner controller.

Posted on
Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:46 am
durosity offline

agame wrote:
I'm back on deck, so able to provide another TADO login if you need it.
I have 2 thermostats, a radiator valve, and the airconditoner controller.

Out of interest how well does the AC controller work? And what model AC do you have? I was thinking of getting one for the two days a year when it actually gets warm enough for such a thing but finding one with a compatible remote has been difficult!

Also do you have issues with your internet bridge dropping it’s cloud connection constantly? I am and their tech support have been struggling to work out why (and the lack of any user accessible logs is driving me nuts!)

Computer says no.

Page 6 of 9 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9