Posted on
Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:02 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Tado Thermostat Device Plugin

howartp wrote:
Amazingly?!

Right?!?! The trust is astonishing... :roll: :roll: :roll:

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:02 pm
Londonmark offline

He always hinted that my temperature might suddenly skyrocket....

Posted on
Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:03 pm
howartp offline

Londonmark wrote:
He always hinted that my temperature might suddenly skyrocket....

Ah, I’ll let you off then! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:04 pm
howartp offline

(Autolog has/had my security cam login details, but they’ve not mysteriously failed just prior to a burglary yet...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:05 pm
Londonmark offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
howartp wrote:
Amazingly?!

Right?!?! The trust is astonishing... :roll: :roll: :roll:

I now “trust” we will have a fully operational multizone plugin by Easter...

And obviously that would be good for testing HomeKit Bridge complications.

Posted on
Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:06 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Well I wrote this for LondonMark, I had no idea it would be used by more than him. Now I really want to jack that temp up to 315 degrees :P.

howartp wrote:
(Autolog has/had my security cam login details, but they’ve not mysteriously failed just prior to a burglary yet...)

Now THAT one is astonishing! :lol:

Londonmark wrote:
I now “trust” we will have a fully operational multizone plugin by Easter...

I wish you the best of luck with that, let me know who the developer is and I'll send him my code!

Londonmark wrote:
And obviously that would be good for testing HomeKit Bridge complications.

Obviously.

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:07 pm
durosity offline

C4W... I sincerely apologise for what I’ve just done.. please don’t have a mini breakdown!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:08 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

durosity wrote:
C4W... I sincerely apologise for what I’ve just done.. please don’t have a mini breakdown!

Implying something?

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:10 pm
durosity offline

Colorado4Wheeler wrote:
durosity wrote:

Implying something?

Oh just because I revived this thread! There was you starting to throttle back slightly on HBK.. and suddenly bam.. whole new thing to tackle!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:14 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

durosity wrote:
Oh just because I revived this thread! There was you starting to throttle back slightly on HBK.. and suddenly bam.. whole new thing to tackle!

Mhm, so when HKB (HomeKit Bridge, not HomeBridge Kit, by the way) gets to a point where I'm feeling that my Git issues won't be ringing off the hook and everyone is fat and happy then comes a Device Extensions massive update with lots of goodies for HKB (ehem...), but while I'm testing HKB(...) I am also simultaneously writing another plugin that I have no idea why I never wrote before but now that I've started I find the the most useful plugin ever and when Device Extensions is done there's updates to half a dozen others and Tado.

Scaling back doesn't mean doing nothing, it means that I'm not going to code HKB(...) for 15 hours a day. I say that as I've been coding HKB since 6am this morning and it's now 4pm, so that's working out well for me.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:21 pm
durosity offline

Fair enough! I just didn’t wanna be the one breaking you! My original query was just if anything had happened with it!

You’re a good man for doing this! If you’re ever in my neck of the woods I’ll buy you a banana!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:23 pm
durosity offline

Londonmark wrote:
As an aside Tado is really good for presence detection too. I use the original plugin to determine when the house is empty for the rest of my Indigo setup. Thought I would replace that with HomeKit automation but I find that really unreliable.

Interesting.. I find HK’s presence detection spot on! I use It to automatically boil my kettle when I leave work. Only time it’s not worked is when the kettle hasn’t responded, but the command has still gone through!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:26 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

durosity wrote:
I find HK’s presence detection spot on!

Same. It can be confusing how to set it up, and I think that is where people don't think it works because it wasn't set up to work properly to start with. If I walk 300 feet from my house (or so) then it'll fire every time, any delays are generally the result of what I told it to do when I'm 300 feet away because it sends something to dropbox that then gets picked up by my computers so they all quit email and my VOIP software and turn on the locked screensaver and that can take a minute or two to all get pushed through.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:47 pm
durosity offline

Interesting! I’ve got plans for other things like that such as logging myself in automatically at work and such... strangely there’s no rules against such scripts and such in the computer use part of my contract! Hehe!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:41 am
Londonmark offline

When HomeKit presence detection works properly, it's great and I am pretty comfortable with setting the radius etc. However, periodically it goes crazy. I am sitting at home, but it keeps thinking I have left and returned, left and returned, over and over again. So if I have any actions set up on that basis, everything goes wrong.

That said, I haven't tried it for a while, so I might give it another go. The difference between using Tado and HomeKit is the ability to identify specifically who is at home (rather than just someone or no one) and that's helpful.

Page 4 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9