Room-O-Matic Contributed

Posted on
Sun May 29, 2016 8:24 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Room-O-Matic Contributed

I'm actually working on a whole new ROM system, many of the plugins I've been releasing (and several more that I'm about to) are all as a result of ROM. Anyway, I'll take a look at the issue you posted and see if I can come up with a solution.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun May 29, 2016 8:33 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

srk,

The issue is because you didn't add the "Acme CP" device. The plugin has two parts, one is the plugin and the other is the device itself that does the heavy lifting. If you add a device then that error will go away.

Regardless, I have added a catch for that problem in the plugin and posted an updated version to download (1.1.2).

In the next week or so there will hopefully be a new plugin entirely, as well as a some improvements to the whole graphics system.

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun May 29, 2016 9:15 am
Londonmark offline

I was quite keen to use this plug in but don't have the right kind of thermostat (I use Tado). Would it be possible for the new version to be more flexible about input sources? Eg simply display a variable value?

Posted on
Sun May 29, 2016 9:37 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

As luck would have it that's in the new implementation, I had already considered the same thing :). Right now the current ROM doesn't support anything other than weathersnoop devices and "indigo thermostat" devices, but the new version supports using any state from any device to get the values that you want to show on your pages.

Right now I"m about 80% finished with the new ROM, if I keep on this pace then by this time next week there should be a new version (fingers crossed).

That being said, however, I'll be releasing the part you are most interested in probably in the next few days, just not the entire soup-to-nuts ROM 2 for a week or so.

P.S. - I messed up when I uploaded 1.1.2, I just re-uploaded it with the change.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sun May 29, 2016 10:20 am
Londonmark offline

Great. Looking forward to it.

Posted on
Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:41 am
jfeger offline

Awesome news. Looking forward to it as well!

Posted on
Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:21 pm
jh71283 offline

I am having the same problem as srk, only mine does not go away after I have added the Acme CP plugin.

Any other suggestions? When are we likely to see ROM2?

Posted on
Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:25 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Try using the two new replacement plugins discussed in this thread, they provide the same functionality as the Acme CP plugin and that may take care of your issue.

As for ROM2, it's still being worked on but I had to stop working on it temporarily as I wrote a bunch of plugins that enhance it. Most of those plugins are about done so I'll be getting back on the ROM2 bandwagon again pretty soon.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:32 pm
Londonmark offline

Good to hear ROM2 is on its way! Is there any prospect of it supporting three way toggle switches that would have off, dim and bright states? Would work well with the smart dimmer plugin.

Posted on
Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:42 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Londonmark wrote:
Good to hear ROM2 is on its way! Is there any prospect of it supporting three way toggle switches that would have off, dim and bright states? Would work well with the smart dimmer plugin.

I could probably do something, I'll add that to the list of feature requests for ROM2. Of course the smart dimmer was built for ROM in the first place, if you use the knob below the switch for dimming, I built Smart Dimmer to use that single button press to brighten/dim the light specifically for that graphic.

Check Them Out Here