Questions on errors

Posted on
Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:19 pm
nclemmons offline

Questions on errors

I'm getting some errors with HomeBridge.

I got it installed and working with Siri and my Apple Watch. Which is WAY farther than I ever got with the P.O.S. Insteon Hub Pro.

I then went through the steps to make it self-starting on a MacMini.

Rebooted the MacMini and now I'm seeing these errors:

Any help would be appreciated...

Neil

events.js:160
throw er; // Unhandled 'error' event
^

Error: listen EADDRINUSE :::51826
at Object.exports._errnoException (util.js:1020:11)
at exports._exceptionWithHostPort (util.js:1043:20)
at Server._listen2 (net.js:1262:14)
at listen (net.js:1298:10)
at Server.listen (net.js:1394:5)
at EventedHTTPServer.listen (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge/node_modules/hap-nodejs/lib/util/eventedhttp.js:60:19)
at HAPServer.listen (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge/node_modules/hap-nodejs/lib/HAPServer.js:158:20)
at Bridge.Accessory.publish (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge/node_modules/hap-nodejs/lib/Accessory.js:557:16)
at Server._publish (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge/lib/server.js:114:16)
at Server.<anonymous> (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge/lib/server.js:372:14)

Posted on
Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:20 pm
webdeck offline

Re: Questions on errors

EADDRINUSE means you already have an instance of homebridge running on your computer.

Posted on
Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:03 pm
nclemmons offline

I just rebooted the Mac and I get the same error in my log.

Not sure how I have more than one copy of Homebridge running. Can you advise on diagnosing?

Thanks for the quick reply earlier.

neil

Posted on
Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:09 pm
webdeck offline

Are you running the homebridge buddy plugin as well? That plugin runs its own instance of homebridge which could be the issue.

Are you sure the log you are looking at is currrnt and not an old one? Check the time stamps on the file.

Posted on
Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:31 pm
nclemmons offline

Apologies - the plugins of Homebridge, Homebridge Buddy and Homebridge-Indigo is a little confusing... I had things working last night and then today decided to 'autostart' them with the plist addition on the Mac. It is now auto-loading, but appears that I do have more than one instance.

Not sure how I kill / remove an instance.

I just checked and the Homebridge log was current. Siri is not working now so that is still my best clue beyond the error log.

Looking in my Indigo program, I now see

Homebridge for Indigo
Homebridge Custom Installation

Both are on...

If I look under the PlugIns dropdown... these two are checked:

EPS Homebridge Buddy
Alexa Hue Bridge

I no longer see Homebridge in that list like I did yesterday when I started this.

I don't see any of the screens in home bridge that are in your documentation, so perhaps the documentation is older.

So I'm not sure what should and should not be installed given the three different installs above and perhaps one is duplicating a Homebridge install as well.

Neil

Posted on
Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:40 pm
webdeck offline

Undo what you did to make it auto start. That isn’t needed if you are using homebridge buddy.

To undo, change load to unload in the launchctl command you used.

Posted on
Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:07 pm
nclemmons offline

OK - I was following the details on the Homebridge-indigo installation instructions. I guess those are now out of date. The page is locked but you might want to consolidate into a thread on how to install now that HomeBridge Buddy is out...

I deleted the 'run homebridge' shell script from my home directory.

I deleted the HomeBridge Plist file from the launch agents directory.

Still getting the same errors in my logs.

See the attachment for what is showing up within Indigo main screen...

Thank you for your help and responsiveness. The product is really cool. Excited to figure it out...

Neil
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 8.58.18 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 8.58.18 PM.jpg (32.12 KiB) Viewed 3638 times

Posted on
Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:13 pm
webdeck offline

You may want to ask on the Homebridge Buddy forum, since I didn't create that plugin. I will update the instruction post to reference Homebridge Buddy.

Posted on
Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:55 pm
nclemmons offline

Ended up going through a laborious uninstall of homebridge and homebridge Indigo and then using just Homebridge Buddy.

Everything is working great now.

The instructions for how to do this could be MUCH clearer by removing a lot of the old threads or posting to the latest approach.

Hope this gets built into Indigo 8 to greatly simplify the process!

Thanks for the feedback Webdeck -

neil

Posted on
Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:00 pm
webdeck offline

I updated the instructions post to point the majority of people to the much simpler experience of using Homebridge Buddy.

Page 1 of 1