Alarm system support?

Posted on
Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:02 pm
blysik offline

Alarm system support?

I see that HomeKit has support for the 'Alarm system' type. homebridge-envisalink supports it, for example. (https://www.npmjs.com/package/homebridge-envisalink)

However, I already use the DSC Alarm plugin -> envisalink, to let Indigo at my alarm system.

Is there any way to use DSC Alarm with homebridge-indigo so that HomeKit sees my alarm system "correctly" ? It would seem to require options in homebridge-indigo maybe?

Thanks.

Posted on
Tue May 16, 2017 10:29 am
Ramias offline

Re: Alarm system support?

Just wanted to "bump" this. I'd like to expose alarm information in HomeKit via Homebridge. Since Indigo already connects to Envisalink, it takes up the only TPI connection allowed. So the homebridge-envisalink plugin would bump Indigo off.

Any way to add alarm sensor/event support to homebridge-indigo?

Thank you

Posted on
Tue May 16, 2017 8:29 pm
Ramias offline

So over on Github for homebridge-indigo the readme shows fields for various alarm sensor types (treatAsContactSensorIds, Motion etc).

But the log file shows "Ignoring unknown accessory type Alarm Zone"

So looks like this may not work (yet). If I knew where to start I'd try to add it in. If support could be enabled that'd be pretty cool Thanks

Posted on
Tue May 16, 2017 9:28 pm
webdeck offline

The device needs to support on/off through the Indigo RESTful API. If it doesn't, you would need to create a virtual device and use that instead.

However, without something like Homebridge Buddy on the Indigo side, homebridge wouldn't know whenever the device's state changes from outside of Homekit.

-Mike

Page 1 of 1