Problem with "Home" app from Apple

Posted on
Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:25 am
MarcoGT offline

Problem with "Home" app from Apple

Hi all,

I installed all the necessary on a dedicated MacMini (where Indigo6 runs), everything fine, I get on the Terminal the code.
My father has iPhone6S with "Home" app installed, I created a new house, added an accessory, homebridge was found, inserted the code...everything fine, Siri works like a charm.

Then, my father tried to do the same on an iPad (with the same iCloud ID) but I think he messed all up as now the homebridge accessory is not found on the iPhone6S neither; the box to insert the code does not appear. Homebridge restart did not help, any idea?

Unfortunately we live more then 1000km away and I do not have direct access to iPhone (maybe with new Teamviewer which support mobile-to-mobile connections?)

Thanks
Marco

Posted on
Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:49 am
MarcoGT offline

Re: Problem with "Home" app from Apple

Just as side note, the iPhone SE of my mother has the same problem, so maybe the problem is in Homebridge? Is there a way to reset it?

Posted on
Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:58 am
yassi offline

MarcoGT wrote:
Just as side note, the iPhone SE of my mother has the same problem, so maybe the problem is in Homebridge? Is there a way to reset it?

Actually your home should automatically appear on all iDevices which are using the same AppleID, as far as I know.
This was in my case (configured on one, then I was able to see my home on the other devices).
But this was with iOS9.
BTW, after upgrading to iOS10 my home was still there.
Maybe they really changed something withe the new "Home" app.

Posted on
Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:00 am
webdeck offline

Follow the "How to share HomeKit across multiple devices" instructions in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=191&t=15605

Posted on
Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:42 am
MarcoGT offline

Yes, the first error was to try to configure the Home on the iPad.
But now the problem is that the "homebridge" accessory is not appearing anymore in the Home app :(

Posted on
Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:25 am
webdeck offline

The homebridge accessory can only be added to one iOS device. HomeKit doesn't allow you to add the same HomeKit device to more than one iOS device to keep it secure. All sharing across devices has to be done via iCloud and inviting others to the HomeKit house.

If that doesn't fix it, follow the instructions in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=191&t=15620

-Mike

Posted on
Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:09 am
MarcoGT offline

And finally I also have the same exact problem.
Updated to nodejs6 and npm3, updated then homebridge and homebridge-indigo and the possibility to enter the code on my iPhone6S with iOS10 disappeared?

Any clues?

Running still on Indigo 6.

Posted on
Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:37 am
echiang offline

Did you try deleting the "~/.homebridge/persist" folder on your mac running homebridge? When I upgraded to an iPhone 7 from a iphone 6, I had to delete that folder to get the "Home" app to find my homebridge.

Posted on
Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:18 am
MarcoGT offline

echiang wrote:
Did you try deleting the "~/.homebridge/persist" folder on your mac running homebridge? When I upgraded to an iPhone 7 from a iphone 6, I had to delete that folder to get the "Home" app to find my homebridge.

Wonderful, that did the job, thanks a lot :)

Page 1 of 1