Don't see Homebridge in home kit app

Posted on
Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:33 pm
jamboinafrica offline

Don't see Homebridge in home kit app

Signing out of my iCloud account and then back in again appears to have resolved the issue for now.

For all of 5 minutes before it crashed again. Can still access it on my backup phone though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:16 pm
webdeck offline

Re: Don't see Homebridge in home kit app

jamboinafrica wrote:
Signing out of my iCloud account and then back in again appears to have resolved the issue for now.

For all of 5 minutes before it crashed again. Can still access it on my backup phone though

It seems you have something funky happening with your iCloud account then, if it's working on one phone but not another.

The way HomeKit works, to share your HomeKit configuration across multiple devices, they all need to be signed into the same iCloud account (or a different iCloud account that you have invited to share your HomeKit with) and you need to have iCloud Keychain turned on.

-Mike

Posted on
Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:24 pm
webdeck offline

Posted on
Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:41 pm
jamboinafrica offline

Mike,

Think you have it there - it is an iCloud syncing issue. I have tried setting everything up from scratch again having logged out of iCloud on all my devices.

Once the setup was complete on my primary device I reconfigured it on all others and hey presto everything seems fine for now.

Thanks for your help,
JIA

Posted on
Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:17 pm
webdeck offline

jamboinafrica wrote:
Mike,

Think you have it there - it is an iCloud syncing issue. I have tried setting everything up from scratch again having logged out of iCloud on all my devices.

Once the setup was complete on my primary device I reconfigured it on all others and hey presto everything seems fine for now.

Thanks for your help,
JIA

Awesome - I'm glad that fixed it!

-Mike