min/max/average not working after moving Indigo to new Mac

Posted on
Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:36 pm
aldonc offline

min/max/average not working after moving Indigo to new Mac

Hi
I've moved my Indigo install to a new Mini (M2 version, Ventura v13.2) and I'm seeing a couple of problems.

When I add a device to the plugin, I get an error - Communication with the plugin timed out - but the entry seems to get added (it shows up in the Remove Device listing).

this is the log after adding the device:
Code: Select all
   minMax                          subscribing to device changes
   Error (client)                  timeout waiting for plugin response from com.karlwachs.minMax for request UiAction
   Error (client)                  timeout waiting for plugin response from com.karlwachs.minMax for request GetUiDynamicList
   Error (client)                  received unexpected packet response UiAction (waiting for GetUiDynamicList)
   Error (client)                  received unexpected packet response GetUiDynamicList (waiting for )

Feb 5, 2023 at 11:21:08 AM
   minMax                          Configuration:
Dev/Var-Name------------                 ID                  State   ignoreLess  ignoreGreater     format  tracking measures: -------
Garage - Temperature                  1469611319       sensorValue           -98           987 '    %.1f'  thisHour-   Min Max DateMin DateMax
                                                                                                           thisDay-    Min Max DateMin DateMax
                                                                                                           thisMonth-  Min Max DateMin DateMax
                                                                                                           lastMonth-  Min Max DateMin DateMax
                                                                                                           last7Days-  Min Max DateMin DateMax
   minMax                          config parameters  foldername         >minMax<
   minMax                          config parameters  refreshRate        >180.0<
   minMax                          config parameters  liteOrPsql         >sqlite<
   minMax                          config parameters  refreshRate        >180.0<[secs]
   minMax                          config parameters  liteOrPsql         >sqlite<
   minMax                          config parameters  liteOrPsqlString   >/Applications/Postgres.app/Contents/Versions/latest/bin/psql indigo_history postgres<
   minMax                          config parameters  postgresPassword   ><
   minMax                          config parameters  timeFormatDisplay  >%Y-%m-%d-%H:%M:%S<

I was reading another thread and noticed something that doesn't make sense to me in the log. I'm using SQLite but there's a path to Psql in the config info. The SQLite database is in the standard location with the Indigo Log files and is being updated.

Even with the above, I'm able to add several devices to the plugin but they seem to disappear over a few days (it seems like one a day is getting dropped).

Troubleshooting ideas?

Thanks, Aldon

Posted on
Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:36 am
DirkWe offline

Re: min/max/average not working after moving Indigo to new M

Same for me right now: Communication wir the plugin timed out. Restart: Sometimes some Variables are gone... Is there a solution ?
Dirk

Posted on
Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:16 am
kw123 offline

1. the sql app string is ignored when you select sqlite

2. the sql command; could you try this in a terminal session:
Code: Select all
/usr/bin/sqlite3  -separator ";" '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.2/Logs/indigo_history.sqlite' "select strftime('%Y-%m-%d-%H:%M:%S',ts,'localtime') , sensorvalue from device_history_ 1469611319;"
(sensorvalue must be lower case!)

and post the result here.

3. disappearing dev/states.. i am running a check, have added warning if the plugin deletes anything.

4. time outs: do you have any other plugins, actions that show timeout?

Karl

Posted on
Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:53 am
DirkWe offline

1) Don't know exactly what to do. I renamed history and a new database is generated. So i hope everything is ok.
2) What i did is:
/usr/bin/sqlite3 -separator ";" '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2023.2/Logs/indigo_history.sqlite' "select strftime('%Y-%m-%d-%H:%M:%S',ts,'localtime') , sensorvalue from device_history_220464715;"

Output is a long table:

(...)
2024-01-31-11:36:36;2918.088
2024-01-31-11:37:36;2918.089
2024-01-31-11:39:06;2918.09
2024-01-31-11:40:06;2918.091
2024-01-31-11:40:21;2918.094
2024-01-31-11:40:36;2918.095
2024-01-31-11:41:36;2918.096

4) No timeout on other plugins.

Dirk

Posted on
Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:47 am
kw123 offline

that looks correct, the sqlite db seems to work.

i have setup some new tracking and nothing disappeared in 3 days.

i have a new version that prints to the log file in case it deletes something
- user deletes tracking of a device in menu
- tracked devices is not there anymore (indigo returns nothing for that device / does not exist )
- dev/state of tracked device is not there anymore.

re timeouts, don't know what to do here I don't see that, hence it is difficult to diagnose a problem

could you go into the menu and add a device tracking, see if it still does that. if you, could we do an online session = i control your desktop?

will post a new version this afternoon with the additional login and some smaller corrections - typos

Page 1 of 1