plugin not honoring the "set closestRPItext to blank" option

Posted on
Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:04 pm
DrLove offline

plugin not honoring the "set closestRPItext to blank" option

Hi, me again :)

I have set the "set closestRPIText to blank" option to "set to blank" but the closestRPIText state does not go "blank" when iBeacon goes down.
Do I have to push the config to the RPIs after (all) config changes?

When I turn off my iBeacon (RadBeacon) the device update (PI_00_Time changes) a few times before it goes down, is this normal or is there a lag in the system?
The update frequency is kind of slow (minutes), is there some settings I can tweak to speed it up?

Love the plugin so far!

//L

Love Kull (yes it's my name)
Blog (in Swedish)
Sweden

Posted on
Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:31 pm
kw123 offline

Re: plugin not honoring the "set closestRPItext to blank" op

The delay of going down is build in.
You can reduce the expiration time in beacon device edit
The rpi collects messages for 1 minute and then sends a summary to the rpi (up, number of msgs , signal ,...) When an up signal arrives the plugin will start an expiration timer every time- it restarts with 90secs (default). The rpi will send nothing when it does not see a message from the beacon.
So after max 90secs+60secs it Will go down - and after another 90secs it Will go to expired

Or you can use “fast down”: set to 30 secs in device edit. The rpi will send a DOWN message to the plugin after eg 30 secs with no signal. When all rpis have send their DOWN message the beacon will go to down. That takes about 5 secs between the rpi if you switch off a beacon.

Then there is the next option to set min signal up to eg -60 and the min signal down to -80. That will have the following effect: the beacon will only go up when it is close to an rpi (-60=1 meter) but will only go down when beacon /signal < -80 ~ 10+ meter away
That can be use to check which room you are in: walk by the rpi with your beacon it will trigger up. And will stay up until you really leave the room.

Karl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:51 pm
DrLove offline

Re: plugin not honoring the "set closestRPItext to blank" op

Thank you for a very useful answer!

How about the “set to blank” option?

L

Love Kull (yes it's my name)
Blog (in Swedish)
Sweden