Weird beacon state changes. I think I need settings help.

Posted on
Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:19 pm
Swancoat offline

Weird beacon state changes. I think I need settings help.

So I've been running this plugin for sometime and recently transitioned away from using some Radbeacons (and changing their batteries) to using our iPhones with BLE-connect.

For the MOST part, this works well. I do have one issue. Mostly, my phone shows as 'up', but it often drops straight to 'expired' (without going 'down') and then bumps back up to up. Of course it's hard to sit and watch it and recreate the behavior, but I set up some triggers to notify me via prowl when the phone changes to up or down or expired. I can sit at home for maybe 20 min and it's all fine, but then it starts jumping states every minute or less (enough that I disable the triggers because it drives me nuts).

It's partially problematic because some triggers that are conditional on these states are sometimes missed, but also partially problematic because the rapid state changes pretty much prevent you from using these states to fire any kind of trigger.

Given that things largely work (and I don't see other people having this issue) I have to think I have one of the many timing settings out of whack.

I'm attaching screenshots of my plugin config and device config windows. If anyone has any advice, it's greatly appreciated!

Screen Shot 2019-07-03 at 5.14.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-07-03 at 5.14.44 PM.png (221.14 KiB) Viewed 1736 times

Screen Shot 2019-07-03 at 5.15.45 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-07-03 at 5.15.45 PM.png (508.4 KiB) Viewed 1736 times

http://nerdhome.jimdo.com

Page 1 of 1