Having trouble setting up monitoring of simple GPIOs

Posted on
Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:33 am
kw123 offline

Re: Having trouble setting up monitoring of simple GPIOs

Jody,

please try this version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zfnlb195573iut9/piBeacon.indigoPlugin.zip?dl=0

it has a state "onOffState", it is True/False
all logical device with state INPUT_.. and status up/down have it now ( GPIO INPUT, input touch, ... beacon, BLEconnect, rpi ..)

the other plugins might like to use that state.

The Output GPIO is a indigo dimmer device type that has the onOffState building in by indigo. that is why it shows up in the selection of the other plugins

Karl

the cynical plugin has a selection in the menu:
Code: Select all
   def generate(self):
      sensors = [io.id for io in indigo.devices.iter("indigo.sensor")]  <<<<  ==== this  might still exclude it ==> set loose devices = true in config
      loose = cyin.plugin.loosedevices
      for io in indigo.devices.iter():
         # special deal for I/O-Linc devices (cyin makes them look like sensors)
         if io.protocol == indigo.kProtocol.Insteon and io.model.startswith("I/O-Linc"):
            yield cyin.device(io.id).filter_clause()
         if "onOffState" in io.states:  <<<========= pibeacon INPUT devices now have that state!!!
            if loose or io.id in sensors:
               yield cyin.device(io.id).filter_clause()

you will need to set loose devices = true in that plugin config.

Karl

Posted on
Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:00 pm
cuhouse offline

Karl,

Works like you expected! I was able to remove the virtual garage door sensor and the Cynical plugin was able to find the piBeacon sensor without issue. Thanks for looking into this and solving it.

Also thanks again for all your support to the plugins you provide.

Jody

Indigo 2022.1.2, Big Sur v11.7.1, Dedicated late 2014 Mac Mini, PowerLinc 2413U.

Posted on
Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:24 pm
kw123 offline

Thanks for your feedback

very much appreciated.

Karl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:28 pm
cuhouse offline

Karl,
Do you use the HomeKit Bridge plugin to monitor your piBeacon inputs? If so, does a HomeKit device using a standard contact follow the status of the device in Indigo?
Thanks,
Jody

Indigo 2022.1.2, Big Sur v11.7.1, Dedicated late 2014 Mac Mini, PowerLinc 2413U.

Posted on
Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:30 pm
kw123 offline

Having trouble setting up monitoring of simple GPIOs

No home bridge == don’t have one don’t know how it works

But since you ask I might look into it.

Posted on
Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:21 pm
cuhouse offline

Karl,
The HomeKit Brigde plug-in by Colorado works great. I like it as an option to Indigo Touch. My family uses HomeKit more. I guess because of the integrated notifications and the Siri option.

I was able to do a work around for my contact devices that use PiBeacon Input devices. I set up Virtual On/Off devices for the ones I want to work on HomeKit. It is kind a a kludge as it requires actions, triggers and a variable for each. It works though. My problem will be later on when I can’t remember why I did that and how did I do it. :lol:

If you try out HomeKit Bridge, let me know if you are able to monitor a PiBeacon input device directly. The PiBeacon output does. Like how it worked right off with the Cynical Garage Door plug-in. Maybe I am just setting something up incorrectly?

Thanks,
Jody

Posted on
Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:46 pm
kw123 offline

I guess I need to add another state that home bridge is looking for. ( some on off state)

Will spend some time on it.