Error: Lets wait for new config files

Posted on
Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:26 pm
kw123 offline

Re: Error: Lets wait for new config files

in your version the sendMessages does not work (not for curl --> http --> variable)... :(

could you switch on debug "(3) beacon data" it will show all messages received.. (same as tail -F on the rpi)

and when you post put the logfile output into [Code] logfile [Code]. makes it much more readable

Karl

will post a version that supports authkeys this weekend.. was easier than I thought .

Posted on
Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:49 am
shrxman offline

Hey Karl,

Sorry.. I never even noticed the cod snippet insert button.. silly me. :-/

I did a full restart of Indigo, and now it seems like the communication issues have been resolved. I'll keep an eye on it, though. What's the best way to confirm that? I tried sending all files and rebooting one of the pi's, and I saw the expect command being invoked in the logs, but the rpi never rebooted.
Code: Select all
08:38:17                          -reboot.exp  rPi# 1
/usr/bin/expect '/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/piBeacon.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/reboot.exp'  pi pibeacon 10.10.101.1 15  &

Not sure if that's an issue, or not, as I don't see any other errors at the moment.

I am a bit concerned about the plugin timeout errors, though. Seems this is the only plugin that's giving me any timeouts. Any suggestions on cleanup there? Should I start a new post in some other thread on this? Here are the messages to which I'm referring:

Jun 5, 2018, 8:03:29 AM
   SQL Logger                      creating table device_history_1849009526 for "beacon_5F:31:B7:4C:20:D9"
   Error (client)                  timeout waiting for plugin response from com.karlwachs.piBeacon for request UiAction
   Error (client)                  received unexpected packet response UiAction (waiting for GetUiDynamicList)

Jun 5, 2018, 8:24:00 AM
   Schedule                        SetVar_Bus_ETA
   SQL Logger                      creating table device_history_1729925006 for "beacon_6D:C9:92:29:8C:C5"
   Error (client)                  timeout waiting for plugin response from com.karlwachs.piBeacon for request UiAction
   Error (client)                  timeout waiting for plugin response from com.karlwachs.piBeacon for request GetUiDynamicList

Jun 5, 2018, 8:24:30 AM
   SQL Logger                      creating table device_history_337617294 for "beacon_43:F3:6F:E8:28:E5"
   Error (client)                  received unexpected packet response UiAction (waiting for )
   Error (client)                  received unexpected packet response GetUiDynamicList (waiting for )

I just got that error and then, when i went to send config files to a raspberry pi, i got
Failed to get UI List from Plugin
and
ServerCommunicationError: timeout waiting for response
as the only two items in the
Select rPi server
dropdown.

This is from the Indigo logs:
Jun 5, 2018, 8:35:21 AM
   SQL Logger                      creating table device_history_104627777 for "beacon_7D:D6:C6:40:CB:E6"
   Error (client)                  timeout waiting for plugin response from com.karlwachs.piBeacon for request GetUiDynamicList

Jun 5, 2018, 8:35:37 AM
   SQL Logger                      creating table device_history_1414435939 for "beacon_66:45:81:24:CB:7B"
   Error (client)                  received unexpected packet response UiAction (waiting for )
   Error (client)                  received unexpected packet response GetUiDynamicList (waiting for )

I think it's probably ok to update to the newest release, so I can return to using authkeys, but i can certainly hold off on that if you think that might cause confusion.. Thanks for adding that, by the way. :-) Too many changes at once, and all of that. I'm going to start tinkering with adding multi-sensors to the pis though, as soon as I break out and set up my soldering station, so wanted to make sure my environment gets a clean bill of health from the "pi doctor" before I introduce more complexity.

So, what do you think? Those errors just a red herring, and I should just retry the command when they fail and move on?

Posted on
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:51 am
kw123 offline

sorry just saw this

time occurs when indigo does not come back after 10 secs or so to the UI. It does not mean that the work does not get done.

What type of MAC do you have and what is the CPU util?

Karl

Posted on
Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:22 pm
shrxman offline

No worries. You're always very responsive out here :-)

I'm actually running this off of my main system, a late 2012 27" iMac (16Gb RAM, 3.2Ghz i5). Currently on Sierra OS, as i'm cautious about the zwave errors some have seen with the High Sierra upgrade. I've thought about taking the plunge, but wanted to make sure all was good here before doing so. I'm using SQL now, though I've thought about moving to Postgres, or even rebuilding everything from scratch with Postgres.

Posted on
Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:19 pm
kw123 offline

does the RPI work now?

and when you get the timeouts.. is it during start of the plugin or while running normally.

there are a few times when the plugin is busy: (a) during startup and (b) when it tries to upgrade / send things to the RPIs. then it does not do anything else.

otherwise it should be unresponsive.

a 2012 i5 iMac should be fine.

I had difficulties trying to run my setup on a mac mini 2008 , with the 2008 mac pro it is running at 10-15% cpu (most of it for video.)

Karl