Random actions triggered

Posted on
Mon May 08, 2017 12:40 pm
DVDDave offline

Random actions triggered

A very strange thing happened this morning. While my wife was out for a walk, a series of random Indigo actions were triggered from her iPhone's IP address. There are conceivably other ways the actions could have been triggered but I'm posting here first and suspecting Home Remote involvement since all the actions corresponded to Home Remote buttons on her widget.

It's conceivable, but highly unlikely, that the buttons could have been activated while the phone was in her back pocket like a butt dial. The first set of actions were all on the first page of widgets and then the second set were all on the second page, so the page arrow could have been activated half way through. Home Remote was set to disable when locked but, as I have posted before, this setting has not worked.

Has anyone else had this happen? Can anyone think of a way of confirming the actions were triggered by Home Remote?

Thanks

--Dave

Posted on
Fri May 12, 2017 5:50 am
DaveL17 offline

Re: Random actions triggered

I use Home Remote and have never seen that behavior. I actually think that a butt dial is more likely than you might think. As a safety measure, I put my Home Remote widget at the bottom of the list so that it's off the bottom of the screen when I switch to my widgets. Now my biggest risk is butt dialing the Weather Underground app. :D

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Page 1 of 1