Completely stumped out of the gate

Posted on
Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:40 am
Different Computers offline

Completely stumped out of the gate

Just bought HR.

Searched your support wiki, found this, which I saw before. http://bouncingball.mobi/apps/files/Hom ... igo_Server

BUT THERE'S NO INFO ANYWHERE ON HOW TO GET TO THAT SCREEN IN THE APP.

I was about to complain about this, when I thought "hey, it couldn't be, but... is that UI-hint-free "Add Action" word floating there something I should tap? That seems like terrible design, especially since I just want to configure it for Indigo but maybe...."

"Oh."

Please revise the design. Or at least make a wiki reference about how that's what you need to click to configure Indigo.
Attachments
IMG_2716.PNG
IMG_2716.PNG (389.57 KiB) Viewed 2229 times
IMG_2716.PNG
IMG_2716.PNG (389.57 KiB) Viewed 2229 times

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:42 am
howartp offline

Re: Completely stumped out of the gate

Gary already has this on his job list - we had a discussion about it on another thread here last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:46 am
autolog offline

howartp wrote:
Gary already has this on his job list - we had a discussion about it on another thread here last week.

Another thread = Home Remote no longer in iOS App Store? - look at the end of 2nd page :)

Posted on
Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:08 pm
Different Computers offline

I suppose my real point is:

"Just search the forums" isn't the way to manage these problems. I did search. The Wiki too. Search terms are tricky, and in the wiki's case when I tried to figure out "presence" I got thousands of hits from spammers in the wiki comments about "web presence".

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Page 1 of 1