Geofence frustration and suggestion.

Posted on
Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:11 pm
exos offline

Geofence frustration and suggestion.

I have been going crazy with this:

Every time I try to adjust a geofence, the number which displays the radius of the geofence changes when I release my finger from the slider. It took me about 15 minutes to set the proper distance because everytime I lifted my finger the amount would jump by about 20-40 feet. I had to choose a radius close to what I wanted and pray when I moved my finger that it randomly went to the number I wanted. Perhaps we can simply enter an integer instead of being stuck to just using the slider?

Otherwise great app! Is there any way to change the geofence response frequency? Lately the app has been very slow to detect my comings and goings.

Posted on
Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:18 am
Gary_BBGames offline

Re: Geofence frustration and suggestion.

Hi, sorry to hear you have been having issues with the slider.

You can tap either side of the drag handle, on the bar, to make fine adjustments. This should help you.

Geofence response frequency is determined by iOS I'm afraid, so that's not something I can change, however, it should't be more than 10-15 seconds. Are you seeing greater than that?

Posted on
Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:54 pm
exos offline

Not often, out of many 20 use cases so far, I have had perhaps one or two instances where it took greater than 1 minute.

Posted on
Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:09 am
Otis offline

I have seen delays of up to ten minutes before Indigo receives the geofence notification from Home Remote, but I've assumed this is a characteristic of AT&T's cell system, since texts to my iPhone from Indigo sometimes take several minutes to arrive.

Posted on
Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:41 am
PeteVis offline

Hi Gary, I just bought Home Remote and I have to agree with exos.

The sensitivity of the slider is very frustrating. I can't get it adjusted properly either.
Tapping left or right on the slider is really hard too if you want to have a low value. It seems 20 is the minimum, but I can not set it to 40 or 60. It jumps straigt to 380 or over 400 when I touch the slider.

Posted on
Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:36 am
Gary_BBGames offline

Hi Pete, to get 40 or 60 move it all over to 20 then tap the right hand scrub but. It will move up in increments of 20.

Posted on
Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:31 am
PeteVis offline

Hi Gary, thanks.
Tapping both sides does indeed work.

When I first saw the slider, my first impression was to grab it and ..slide...
Maybe it's better to just change out the slider with left and right buttons to increase/decrease the geo area.

Posted on
Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:35 am
Gary_BBGames offline

Whilst that is a good idea, for those that want large radii then it would be a lot of presses. Ideally I would like a slider with arrows on the end, but there just isn;t space when viewed on smaller screen devices. I will try and come up with something that can work for everyone though.

Thanks for the feedback.

Posted on
Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:52 pm
rycardo offline

Maybe the slider the way it is now, but have the label which holds the value be a text box instead, one that can be typed in? So if I wanted 43, I could tap in the box, have the numeric keypad display, and type it? I don't remember the UI fully, so maybe the keyboard would be in the way, but thought I'd offer the idea.

Posted on
Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:16 am
Gary_BBGames offline

Now that is a great addition. I'll add that in the next update. Thanks :)

Posted on
Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:07 pm
benish offline

For what it's worth, I had this exact same frustration. Not an issue now that I know the tapping the end of the slider trick, but that was not obvious.

Page 1 of 1