Sample syntax for Indigo Action

Posted on
Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:11 pm
akimball offline

Re: Sample syntax for Indigo Action

Jay, that was a great suggestion... I still got "access denied" initially, but I tried some other things and have had success through the goprism reflector. I can now turn toggle my greatroom ceiling lights on and off using notifications on my iPhone, iPad, and also my Apple Watch. I'm very excited about this.

What I did was to target a light fixture rather than the gas fireplace's IOLinc, going on the assumption that perhaps an I/O link doesn't respond to ...

https://(myName).indigodomo.net/devices/Greatroom - Fireplace?toggle=1&_method=put.

When I changed this to...
https://(myName).indigodomo.net/devices/Greatroom - Ceiling Lights?toggle=1&_method=put.
... things started working. (the ceiling lights are on a switchLinc).

Where can I find a list of commands that various devices will respond to... not that I can turn lights on and off (toggle) I'd like to be able to do other stuff... is there a syntax manual someplace you can link me too? For example, my gas fireplace on/off control happens via IOLinc. Other commands may include setting to on, setting to off, setting to a given brightness, raising and lowering my home theater screen (I'm using EZIO8SA for that).

The best thing is that I did this using nothing but my iPhone while home is currently 750 miles away.

TIA
Last edited by akimball on Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Al

Posted on
Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:34 pm
akimball offline

Was able to execute an Indigo action... using...

https://(myName).indigodomo.net/actions/Great Room - WatchTV?_method=execute

-Al

Posted on
Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:42 pm
Gary_BBGames offline

Akimball, drop me your email in a PM and I'll add you to the beta in 7 hours. It's much easier to use Indigo and reflectors in 2.9 if you're still stuck.

Posted on
Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:51 pm
akimball offline

Gary, thank you. I would very much appreciate to be a part of the beta.

Incidentally, I'm discovering that using a period '.' in my device names isn't working out. Many of my devices are called something like...

Kitchen - Ceiling.Lights
Kitchen - North.Outlet

...etc.. I have also tried to use the syntax for the period, %2E, and this isn't working either. Do I need to rename all of my devices that use a period in the name? I have about 200 insteon devices and more than half of them I used a period in the device's name, not a huge deal if I can't use the period but at times I really like to use it.

-Al

Posted on
Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:50 am
akimball offline

App suggestion. For large homes, it would be nice to be able to group homes by zones (rooms), especially when you're dealing with an apple watch app that can only display 4 items at a time. The only way to make this manageable is through folders of devices.

Another suggestion... possibly easier to implement. Since I do have 200 devices... and 100 of those are lights.... then it makes sense to be able to 'duplicate' a control in Home Remote since the bulk of the commands will be the same... user address, sans device name,... username:password. The less typing the better when you have to implement this over the entire constellation. Then you only need to change the name of the device, and maybe the color of the switch.
Last edited by akimball on Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Al

Posted on
Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:13 am
Gary_BBGames offline

Hi Akimball, what a house! I would imagine it would be better to group the lights in to actions in Indigo (I think that's possible) then add the actions to Home Remote rather than devices.

Posted on
Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:20 am
howartp offline

Re the syntax manual question - go to the website, support, documentation and scroll right down to the RESTful API link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:47 pm
BaldDaddy offline

Do we have an ETA as to when the Beta will be available for public release? I am having a tough time getting it to work properly. Many thanks.

Eric

Posted on
Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:57 pm
Gary_BBGames offline

Hey, it was submitted today and will take around 7-8 days. I can add you to the beta in you PM me.

Posted on
Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:45 am
howartp offline

They're too busy processing your daily beta updates to get any release versions processed. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:06 pm
akimball offline

I have had the pleasure of using Home Remote and I like it very much. The beta has some very nice features.

Lights, dimmers, and outletLinc's are very easy to setup. But I wanted to get Home Remote to turn my gas fireplace on and off, open and close my garage door, etc. These devices are EZIO's or IOLinc's. Here is what I did to get Home Remote working with an IOLinc:

1) Create a new action, "Fireplace ON"
2) Press the "URL" button since this must be done manually. For the URL I typed:
https://myName.indigodomo.net/devices/Greatroom - Fireplace?_method=put&outputBinaryStates=1
3) Press the POST/PUT button... select Name:Pass button and enter username:password in the data edit box.
4) Add the name:pass to the method... done.

1) Create a new action, "Fireplace OFF"
2) Press the "URL" button since this must be done manually. For the URL I typed:
https://myName.indigodomo.net/devices/Greatroom - Fireplace?_method=put&outputBinaryStates=0
3) Press the POST/PUT button... select Name:Pass button and enter username:password in the data edit box.
4) Add the name:pass to the method... done.

So now I have a pair of buttons that will turn the fireplace IOLinc on and off. Magic.

Can anyone suggest how to change this into a single button which would toggle the IOLinc?

-Al

Posted on
Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:32 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Another way to do pretty much anything is to just create an Action Group to do the action - then you just execute the Action group from Home Remote (easier than trying to figure out the RESTful call in many cases).

akimball wrote:
Can anyone suggest how to change this into a single button which would toggle the IOLinc?

Use the following script in an Action Group and call it from Home Remote:

Code: Select all
ioLinc = indigo.devices[IOLINCIDHERE] # insert your I/O Linc's ID here
if ioLinc.binaryOutputs[0]:
    indigo.iodevice.setBinaryOutput(ioLinc, index=0, value=False)
else:
    indigo.iodevice.setBinaryOutput(ioLinc, index=0, value=True)

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:44 pm
akimball offline

Thank you Jay, that's exactly what I needed. A great suggestion.

-Al

Posted on
Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:27 am
Gary_BBGames offline

That's awesome Jay, I didn't realise you could apply script to actions.

As Jay pointed out, anything for Indigo that is t supported in devices should just be created as an action as that means it's supported natively.

Posted on
Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:23 am
jens offline

IF it's possible maybe I can get the beta :)

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk