Sample syntax for Indigo Action

Posted on
Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:26 pm
howartp offline

Re: Sample syntax for Indigo Action

Just to keep things in one thread, I'll post my screenshots here that match the syntax examples I gave above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:56 pm
manders offline

Gary_BBGames wrote:
Hi Manders, whilst I can't answer your Reflector question I hope someone else here can.

Another solution is to use Home Remote: Remote. It's a relay from one copy of Home Remote (outside your network for example, to one inside your network, running on your same Mac Server as you use Indigo on).

You need to get the Mac version which is another £1.49 (but then you are covered for iOS, watch OS tvOS and OS X) and then set up Home a Remote: Remote on the iOS version. It will sync with the OS X version and they will communicate over a SSL secured socket connection. The action is never sent over the network, just an ID for it. You can set up an SSID black list in iOS app so that you don't send the remote command when you are already at homE, but when you are outside of the network it will relay the command to your home and call the action, with no port forwarding or exposure of your internal network resource to the outside world.

That is a solution; so fair play, i was hoping for a little better integration with existing remote controls.

Posted on
Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:00 pm
manders offline

It would be great if there was two way integration; or you could get confirmation back that a command has ran or the current state of a variable which has been toggled.

Launching from iOS Today screen, you have to just hope it's done it.... That is correct isn't it? I have missed an option. Currently I'm thinking a good workaround would be to iMessage back a response using an AppleScript action.

Posted on
Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:12 pm
Gary_BBGames offline

I am considering ways that I can support feedback from multiple sources. I don't have a solution yet, but am open to any ideas of what you may find acceptable.

Posted on
Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:15 pm
howartp offline

Sample syntax for Indigo Action

If you want to stay with REST, that does support state retrieval of devices and variables. A first stage would be to provide a 2nd URL entry for each configured action, that contained the appropriate state retrieval URL.

So for a /devices/Fan?toggle=1 URL, the 2nd would be /devices/fan

This would allow you to provide a banner notification "Fan was turned On successfully" and/or change the background colour of the Fan action from red to green. You would call the 2nd URL every second for 10 seconds until the value of state changed to match what you'd sent in URL 1; if after 10 seconds it hasn't changed then report failure.

Of course what would be nice for us would be a Indigo plugin that allowed us to populate and configure your actions from Indigo, and you'd have full access to the Indigo IOM (aka API) to provide tighter 2-way communication with your app.

Say a trigger on "Fan on/ off state has any change" with action "change tile colour of Fan to state_of_fan" and "send notification to Home Remote device [Dads_iPhone] with message "Fan is now state_of_fan"".

[EDITS ABOVE]

Posted on
Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:23 pm
howartp offline

(See edits in above post)

Posted on
Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:29 am
Gary_BBGames offline

Howartp, but how does that response at the second URL look? It would need to either echo the response as-is or the app would have to be able to parse the relevant information out of it.

Could you post a couple of responses please, maybe in a PM so as to avoid noise in this thread.

Thanks.

Posted on
Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:31 am
Gary_BBGames offline

Howartp, can you PM me anyways please. There is a way in the app to each the response and I would be keen to see if anything comes back from a successful state change. I will explain the hidden way to achieve this.

Posted on
Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:15 pm
manders offline

Howarth - I think you lost me, but I'm fairly convinced you a. Know what I'm trying to do and b. have an answer... albeit I'm not understanding it.

A banner notification would work for nicely, but I don't know what 'REST'. And don't quite follow the whole 2- URL setup you're describing.

Equally happy to take this to PM; however generally as a leech, there could be others following this thread.

Posted on
Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:33 pm
Gary_BBGames offline

Sorry Manders, those posts were meant for me about providing feedback on a button press. I am working on an update that should make the process less difficult

Posted on
Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:43 pm
howartp offline

Yeah, sorry for confusion.

Gary, I'll follow your pm tonight and come back to you.

I'm happy to do beta test flights to test things pre-release on this with you as well.

Posted on
Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:56 am
Gary_BBGames offline

This thread has a lot of views so I'm posting this video here.

If you are stuck then 2.9 makes things a lot easier for you.

https://youtu.be/WZlPmi8RYKw

You can request beta access by sending me a PM.

Posted on
Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:20 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Gary has done an amazing job integrating Indigo into Home Remote so quickly - it's now really simple to add Indigo devices and actions. And he has one more surprise for many users in the latest beta... :P

Once his Apple TV and Mac apps are updated, this will be the easiest to configure and use client for all Apple platforms. Fantastic job Gary!

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:21 pm
akimball offline

Anyone have any luck getting Home Remote to work through the reflector? I'm currently traveling on business but I have tried a few things from the hotel room...
First I created an action called "Gas Fireplace" (Gas Fireplace is controlled using an Insteon I/OLinc.)
Second, I've put for the address: http://myName.indigodomo.net/devices/Greatroom - Fireplace?toggle=1&_method=put
Third, I entered my username:password in the appropriate place.

I can see that it's successfully "trying" to connect because with each press of the Gas Fireplace tile I see something like...

WebServer

access denied "http://indigodomo.net:(port#)/
devices/Greatroom - Fireplace" from
(username) @ 127.0.0.1

I don't know where that 127.0.0.1 comes from... but no, I haven't gotten this to work.

Suggestions?

-Al

Posted on
Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:35 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Use https rather than http... ;)

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn