henkjanvries offline

Re: Home Remote for iOS News

Im really happy with this!

I can turn on/off zone 2 of my home audio system in the garden via:
Home remote >> Indigo >> Cynical Network >> Onkyo receiver

Love the simplicity!

I can let my tv go up and down with it:
Home remote >> indigo >> fibaro 2x1.5 switch >> venset tvlift

Hell, no by letting the lift go up and down, the whole media turns of and on.

Thanks!

Posted on
Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:44 am
haakon offline

Great app! Will there be support for shortcuts (complications) on the Apple watch clock face?

It would be very practical to access Home Remote directly from here.

Haakon

Posted on
Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:32 pm
donhoffman offline

This app still working on iOS 14? Seems to be no discussion here for some time and the last update on the app store looks to be a year ago.

I downloaded from app store and can add an action, but no clue what to do next. Does not show up as a widget option, nor can I create shortcuts with it.

So, what is the next thing after creating an indigo action? (That part was pretty clear)

Posted on
Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:26 pm
DaveL17 offline

donhoffman wrote:
This app still working on iOS 14? Seems to be no discussion here for some time and the last update on the app store looks to be a year ago.

I downloaded from app store and can add an action, but no clue what to do next. Does not show up as a widget option, nor can I create shortcuts with it.

So, what is the next thing after creating an indigo action? (That part was pretty clear)

The latest version doesn't support iOS 14 Screen Widgets, but it does support Notification Center Widgets (that's how I use it mostly). In order to create Shortcuts, you have to add the item to Siri. Select the microphone icon for the item you want and follow the prompts.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:46 pm
donhoffman offline

DaveL17 wrote:
The latest version doesn't support iOS 14 Screen Widgets, but it does support Notification Center Widgets (that's how I use it mostly). In order to create Shortcuts, you have to add the item to Siri. Select the microphone icon for the item you want and follow the prompts.

Thanks. That got me to the next step. The docs on the developer's site dumps some PHP at you, so next steps were unclear. Still wonder if Screen Widgets are on the roadmap.

Posted on
Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:24 pm
DaveL17 offline

donhoffman wrote:
DaveL17 wrote:
Thanks. That got me to the next step. The docs on the developer's site dumps some PHP at you, so next steps were unclear. Still wonder if Screen Widgets are on the roadmap.

If you want to check with the developer, the best place to do that is Twitter. I can't guarantee he'll respond, but that's his preference.

Good luck.

Posted on
Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:47 am
mclass offline

Hi,

I am attempting to use Home Remote (V3.7) for geofencing with Indigo 7.4.

I have two separate, geographically distanced instances of Indigo and would like to use Home Remote on one phone to geofence with both servers (independently).

However when I create a new Indigo geofence, it automatically changes the reflector address of the previously created geofences for the other site to the new site.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

mclass

Posted on
Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:13 am
DaveL17 offline

mclass wrote:
Am I missing something?

Probably not missing anything. The best way to reach the developer is on Twitter. I don't think he frequents the Indigo forums any more.