Tesla Control plugin

Posted on
Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:39 am
howartp offline
Posts: 3147
Joined: Jan 09, 2014
Location: West Yorkshire, UK

Re: Tesla Control plugin

Hi everyone.

In Gregg's absence, I've taken over this plugin.

Jay is making me a plugin forum under my plugins, and I'll add it to plugin store in due course but for now it's available at:

https://github.com/howartp84/TeslaControlBETA/releases

  • Added all available data states
  • Fixed the temperature and valet mode commands
  • Added distanceFromHome / distanceFromWork states so you can trigger on arriving home/work etc
  • Proper triggers/events will follow later, but you can use "device state changed" triggers for now
.

If anyone finds anything else they want fixing, let me know.

I'll

Peter

Posted on
Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:44 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline
User avatar
Posts: 2351
Joined: Jul 20, 2009
Location: Colorado

Re: Tesla Control plugin

While you are at it can you retrofit this to work with Mercedes? :D.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:54 am
howartp offline
Posts: 3147
Joined: Jan 09, 2014
Location: West Yorkshire, UK

Re: Tesla Control plugin

Hehe!

I’m intending retrofitting it to Nissan Leaf, in the form of an alternative plugin using the same format; I currently use Dusty’s but I’ve never liked how it’s written. (Personal preference)

Then I’ll look at the Volvo scripts I’ve already written for mortenkols, see if that suits the same plugin.

Does Mercedes have an API or are you being facetious?

Petrr


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:07 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline
User avatar
Posts: 2351
Joined: Jul 20, 2009
Location: Colorado

Re: Tesla Control plugin

Facetious, Mercedes doesn't have an API. I can do some things with all of mine via an app but no API - believe me, I looked.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:01 pm
petematheson offline
Posts: 640
Joined: Sep 14, 2014
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: Tesla Control plugin

howartp wrote:
Hi everyone.

In Gregg's absence, I've taken over this plugin.

Jay is making me a plugin forum under my plugins, and I'll add it to plugin store in due course but for now it's available at:

https://github.com/howartp84/TeslaControlBETA/releases

  • Added all available data states
  • Fixed the temperature and valet mode commands
  • Added distanceFromHome / distanceFromWork states so you can trigger on arriving home/work etc
  • Proper triggers/events will follow later, but you can use "device state changed" triggers for now
.

If anyone finds anything else they want fixing, let me know.

I'll

Peter


Amazing, thanks very much Peter!
Confirm this all seems to be working great so far, except for the Tesla app outage that's been happening for the last 5 hours or so :evil:
Tracking the distance from Home / Work adds loads of possibilities!

Posted on
Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:44 pm
durosity offline
User avatar
Posts: 3404
Joined: May 10, 2012
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne, Ye Ol' England.

Re: Tesla Control plugin

howartp wrote:
Then I’ll look at the Volvo scripts I’ve already written for mortenkols, see if that suits the same plugin.


Great documentation on the Renault Z.E. service here: :wink:

https://shkspr.mobi/blog/2016/10/revers ... t-zoe-api/

I’ve got a very basic script to activate the pre-conditioning remotely.. but a plugin that gives full battery state, etc would be epic!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:16 am
howartp offline
Posts: 3147
Joined: Jan 09, 2014
Location: West Yorkshire, UK

Re: Tesla Control plugin

durosity wrote:
howartp wrote:
Then I’ll look at the Volvo scripts I’ve already written for mortenkols, see if that suits the same plugin.


Great documentation on the Renault Z.E. service here: :wink:

https://shkspr.mobi/blog/2016/10/revers ... t-zoe-api/

I’ve got a very basic script to activate the pre-conditioning remotely.. but a plugin that gives full battery state, etc would be epic!

Easy peasy.

It won't be till after next weekend, but certainly doable.

Peter

Posted on
Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:24 am
howartp offline
Posts: 3147
Joined: Jan 09, 2014
Location: West Yorkshire, UK

Re: Tesla Control plugin

My Tesla subforum: viewforum.php?f=281

Posted on
Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:51 am
durosity offline
User avatar
Posts: 3404
Joined: May 10, 2012
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne, Ye Ol' England.

Re: Tesla Control plugin

howartp wrote:
Easy peasy.

It won't be till after next weekend, but certainly doable.

Peter


Awesome! I was only kidding too.. but I’m certainly not gonna complain! Next time I’m in your neck of the woods I must buy you a beer or something.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest