Amazing new feature (NOT)

Posted on
Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:33 am
Chameleon offline

Amazing new feature (NOT)

Hi all

If you've updated your iPhone to IOS 10 and your watch to WatchOS 3 (or you've purchased the Apple Watch 2) then you can now add the watch to iFindStuff and it will keep track of that as well as your other devices.

I'd love to say that I'd added some complex coding to reveal the information to iFindStuff - but I didn't. It's a consequence of the new Find My Watch function in your Apple Account. If you create a new device and look at your Account you'll find that any Apple Watches registered against that account are now available for display. I've been using it for the last week and it seems to have no impact on battery life.

Screen Shot 2016-09-20 at 14.28.44.png
Screen Shot 2016-09-20 at 14.28.44.png (276.21 KiB) Viewed 3411 times

So no upgrade needed for iFindStuff - just add the new device type once you've upgraded your software OS on the iPhone and Watch.

Regards

Mike

BTW - new releases coming soon to iFindStuff to include two factor authentication and a move to BING or Apple Maps where you have a more generous allowance for accessing geo information (the end of the Too Many Queries problem) - giving you 100,000 enquiries/day not 2,000. Keep a look out over the next 10 days.

Posted on
Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:51 am
durosity offline

Re: Amazing new feature (NOT)

*tries to read what's behind the squiggles*

Looks like you've been at the pub again. I told you.. yer barred!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:03 am
jalves offline

Thanks for pointing this out! I just added my Apple Watch device to Indigo. Now to figure out some neat uses for this info. Love that it also pulls battery state. Perhaps a reminder to me to put the watch on the charger when this falls below x%?? Hmmm...

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:05 am
Chameleon offline

jalves wrote:
Thanks for pointing this out! I just added my Apple Watch device to Indigo. Now to figure out some neat uses for this info. Love that it also pulls battery state. Perhaps a reminder to me to put the watch on the charger when this falls below x%?? Hmmm...

That's a really good idea because I always forget!

Mike

Posted on
Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:13 am
durosity offline

Chameleon wrote:
jalves wrote:

That's a really good idea because I always forget!

Mike

Sure you do.. from spending too much time down the pub! :P

Computer says no.

Page 1 of 1