** Too Many Queries ** error

Posted on
Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:32 am
Chameleon offline

** Too Many Queries ** error

Hi all, especially Dave (TOPS)

I know that a few of you have been getting a 'Too Many Queries' update for some of your devices locations. This is caused by a failure in Google Maps to provide a geo-location on request based on the Latitude and Longitude for your device. This might happen for a couple of reasons: a) poor internet connection or b) a configuration error that makes iFindStuff log in multiple times to google to get a result. As you're allowed up to 25,000 requests in one day it's unlikely that you're actually hitting the limit.

To identify what the issue is for current users (and I believe that there are only a handful) I need some information if you're getting this error.

iFindStuff maintains a log of errors that are occurring and why.

If you're getting this error can you go to the Config... option for iFindStuff under Plugins and make sure that the Log Errors in iFindStuff Log? is checked then reload iFindStuff.

Leave the system to run until you see at least one device with the 'Too Many Queries' error and then disable the plugin. You need at least one failure but it doesn't matter if there are lots.

Find the file iFindStuff Log file at: [url]/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Logs/iFindStuffErrors.log[/url]

Open the file using TextEdit or something similar and 'Cut and Paste' the contents to me in a PM. If you have a lot of errors just Cut and Paste a representative sample

You can then enable the plugin as usual (it's probably a good idea to have the Logging Errors option on anyway) :wink:

That should provide me with all the information I need to identify the rare configuration errors that are causing this problem for some users.

Thanks

Mike

Posted on
Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:35 am
TOPS offline

Re: ** Too Many Queries ** error

Hi Mike,

Have just sent you a PM with (hopefully) the information that you need,

good luck and fingers crossed..... :)

Dave

Posted on
Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:43 pm
Sharek326 offline

Re: ** Too Many Queries ** error

I started with the too many queries....after the latest plugin it was still there. After I deleted the plugin rebooted and downloaded the plugin fresh I get this every ten seconds. I saw a previous post where you mentioned it could be because of TinyDB not installed so I installed it but no Joy still every ten seconds. Any ideas what I can do?

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 3628, in runConcurrentThread
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'iUpdateCycle' referenced before assignment

iFindStuff Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Page 1 of 1