Re: iFindStuff Update

Cheers Jeff, I'm running 1.02.03 ill give it a try,

Dave

Posted on
Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:28 am
TOPS offline

Hi Jeff

The only download links I can find are for 1.02.03 which is the version I have installed....do you know where 04 is?

Cheers,

Dave

Posted on
Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:31 pm
jalves offline

Not sure, but take a look at this thread viewtopic.php?f=181&t=16139. I think that's where I got the latest version.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:07 pm
TOPS offline

Hi Jeff,

That seems to have sorted it out....I must have missed that thread that you linked to....thanks for your help

Dave

Posted on
Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:25 pm
peteinau offline

I hadn't seen that version either, it fixed the emails sending to me, but still no luck on getting a device list. Hopefully the talented Mike pops up soon and can fix it.

Posted on
Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:41 pm
GlennNZ offline

iFindStuff Update

Hi,
Yes, 2-factor authentication appears to be not working (will check my device settings when can - on my devices 2FA is turned off) There were some changes in pyicloud about 2-factor that are in the newer versions of pyicloud (its now using python 3 - so can't easily update IFindStuff to this version) . I suspect 2FA is the issue and currently iFindStuff does not support it. I have been fiddling a bit on the GitHub link posted before to add support for 2fa - however whilst relatively straightforward code wise - iFindStuff needs to support entering verification code somewhere which are more major changes.

I did think that two-factor wasnt required for findDevices, it is need for other icloud abilities. (see here : https://github.com/picklepete/pyicloud/ ... d901221159)

Would suggest you turn on ifindStuff debug logging and post or PM a log - and happy to have a look when can

No Mike - but happy to see if anything obvious!

To confirm though - continues to work well if 2FA not enabled.

Glenn
Last edited by GlennNZ on Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posted on
Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:41 am
TOPS offline

Hi

There seems to be some knowledgeable heads on this thread, does anyone know how to get rid of the to many Quiries for one day messages that comes up on the Device state "Current Address " this has always been an ongoing problem for me......

Cheers

Dave

Posted on
Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 pm
peteinau offline

Not much in the Indigo log with debugging turned on. But the iFindStuff log itself gets the following message. It happens after I've confirmed the account, but I can't get the device list.

Exception Logged:Sun Jun 19 11:09:16 2016 in createAppleAccount module

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 298, in createAccountMaster
iAccountDevices = api.devices
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/iFindStuff 3.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/pyicloud/base.py", line 207, in devices
self.params
ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Exception Logged:Sun Jun 19 11:09:16 2016 in myActiveAccounts module

File "plugin.py", line 4791, in myAccountDevices
if not iDict[0]:
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is unsubscriptable

Posted on
Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:46 am
Sharek326 offline

I was also having issues with Ifindstuff recently. I read your post about two part authentication and disabled it on my iPhone. Since then I deleted all the devices and accounts and set them up again. Now when I turn debugging on I get the following error over and over. Any ideas on how to fix it?

It seems to be working except the devices are not updating locations at all.

Stopped plugin iFindStuff
Upgrading plugin iFindStuff to newer version 1.02.04 (previous version moved to trash)
Loading plugin "iFindStuff 1.02.04"
Starting plugin "iFindStuff 1.02.04" (pid 1559)
Started plugin "iFindStuff 1.02.04"
iFindStuff Setting up the API...
iFindStuff Standard API fields set up correctly...
iFindStuff Setting up the Custom API...
iFindStuff Custom API fields set up correctly...
iFindStuff Failed to access pluginPrefs for key fields - advise Developer
iFindStuff Code failure while attempting to update devices - MT
iFindStuff Code failure while attempting to update devices - MT

Posted on
Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:01 pm
Sharek326 offline

I got my Ifindstuff working. I am not sure if what I did will work with everyone but this is what I did. After i turned off 2 step authentication and deleted all the accounts and devices. I added them back in and the devices showed in the list but wouldn't give me a location. I fixed that by going into Plugin options and activating each device there. It then gave me a current location but wouldn't update. Further more the above error was happening. I fixed that by going to google and getting a new key. For some reason the old key would no longer work. Once replaced everything is working as it should

Posted on
Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:38 pm
GlennNZ offline

iFindStuff Update

peteinau wrote:
Not much in the Indigo log with debugging turned on. But the iFindStuff log itself gets the following message. It happens after I've confirmed the account, but I can't get the device list.

Exception Logged:Sun Jun 19 11:09:16 2016 in createAppleAccount module

File "plugin.py", line 298, in createAccountMaster
iAccountDevices = api.devices
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/iFindStuff 3.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/pyicloud/base.py", line 207, in devices
self.params
ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded
Exception Logged:Sun Jun 19 11:09:16 2016 in myActiveAccounts module

File "plugin.py", line 4791, in myAccountDevices
if not iDict[0]:
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is unsubscriptable

Thanks.
The error will likely be because 2FA is not working with iFindStuff. Hence can't access account devices list.
Fix will be to add 2fa to iFindstuff which is easier said than done because will need to change the plugin devices - and have the ability to enter the verification code.

iFindStuff - does work well if you do not have 2FA enabled however.

Hopefully Mike is well and appears back sometime.
(will continue to have a look but pretty time limited particularly the next few weeks - but if no Mike fix; promise I have a proper go when I'm back in ~3 weeks {more I think about it more I'm hoping may be easy check})

Glenn