iFindStuff failing after update

Posted on
Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:14 pm
nanobots offline

iFindStuff failing after update

Hello,

I had been using a old (probably beta) version of iFindStuff and just updated tonight (1.02.03). After I updated, it seemed to be unable to locate my device so I deleted the device and account to basically start over.

At this point I have readded my Apple Account Device. After doing this I see "Login Successful" message. However, when I go to create my iDevice, I'm running into issues.

When creating an iDevice, I am able to select my Apple Account and confirm. This works and I get the "Account Confirmed". However, when I drop down the "Devices on Account" dropdown, it is empty. I am able to click "confirm device" and save, but it results in an error:

Code: Select all
  iFindStuff Error                Error in plugin execution UiAction:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 4856, in selectedDevice
<type 'exceptions.KeyError'>: ('530771342',)

Following this I get the following log sequence repeatedly:

Code: Select all
  iFindStuff                      Setting up the API...
  iFindStuff                      Standard API fields set up correctly...
  iFindStuff                      Setting up the Custom API...
  iFindStuff                      Custom API fields set up correctly...
  iFindStuff                      Updating: new device 1 this time
  iFindStuff                      Refreshing Apple Device...new device 1 on account Andy's Apple Account
  iFindStuff                      Setting up the API...
  iFindStuff                      Standard API fields set up correctly...
  iFindStuff                      NCE
  iFindStuff                      Devicenew device 1
  iFindStuff Critical  Error      Failed login...NCE
  iFindStuff                      Failed to update Apple Device:new device 1 reason unknown

I'm assuming this is happening because I haven't actually the selected the device (because it doesn't show up). I also noticed when I go back in to edit the iDevice, the account still says account confirmed but the entry in the dropdown is blank (no text, just a ).

Could there be some saved data from a previous version that is preventing me from recreating the device? Any other thoughts on why I'd be unable to retrieve a list of devices? I have confirmed I have "Find My Phone" on my phone, that it is logged in, enabled in settings and connected to the account I have logged into.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Posted on
Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:27 am
Shutter offline

Re: iFindStuff failing after update

I'm seeing the same thing. I noticed the other day that it wasn't reflecting the correct geofence, but didn't have time to look into it. Today I recreated the account and devices but once I confirm the Apple Account in Model: iDevice the Devices on Account? drop down is blank. And when I close the window and go back in both menu items are blank. I've tried restarting the plug in.
I then thought it was because I was running a slightly outdated version. So I quite the Indigo server. Deleted everything to do with iFindStuff, updated the plugin, and relaunched Indigo. I then went about setting up the devices. Same problem.

Any idea what to do?

Many thanks,

Simon

Posted on
Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:59 am
nanobots offline

I've followed pretty much the same path to troubleshoot and haven't had any luck. When I have the time I may try to find an older version and reinstall that to see if that addresses the problem...

Posted on
Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:52 pm
Shutter offline

I tried that. I was actually using a slightly older version when I noticed the initial issue of not updating the geolocation - I hadn't fully integrated it into my system so didn't notice this issue. I then updated t the latest version, which still didn't work. I've since downgraded to an older version I still had in my trash and that still doesn't help.

Posted on
Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:42 pm
Londonmark offline

No longer working for me either.

Posted on
Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:08 pm
peteinau offline

None of my locations are updating at all, turning on the debugging I get the following log and error:

iFindStuff Updating: Petes iPhone this time
iFindStuff Refreshing Apple Device...Petes iPhone on account Pete's Apple Account
iFindStuff Setting up the API...
iFindStuff Standard API fields set up correctly...
iFindStuff Attempting login...
iFindStuff Starting new HTTPS connection (1): p12-setup.icloud.com
iFindStuff Login successful...
iFindStuff Starting new HTTPS connection (1): p43-fmipweb.icloud.com
iFindStuff NCE
iFindStuff DevicePetes iPhone
iFindStuff Critical Error Failed login...NCE

Posted on
Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:42 am
Londonmark offline

Even without switching on debugging, I get this repeatedly:

iFindStuff Starting new HTTPS connection (1): p12-setup.icloud.com
iFindStuff Starting new HTTPS connection (1): p39-fmipweb.icloud.com

I've tried adding new devices and deleting and re-adding existing devices, but the drop-down in the Devices in account box is always empty.

Posted on
Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:37 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I'm not sure what is causing it to not work, but the "Starting new HTTPS connection" log messages can be safely ignored. Those are just log details that used to not get passed all the way up to Indigo but are now (in Indigo 6.1.8). There is a small tweak that the plugin needs to have those messages suppressed. I don't believe that is related at all to the failure though. Londonmark: are you getting the same "Critical Error Failed login" message in your log that pete has?

Posted on
Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:48 pm
nanobots offline

Can't speak for Londonmark but that does appear to be the same error as I was receiving.

I've done a little hacking on this and my current suspicion (although I'm not positive at this point) is that the version of ipycloud library being used to connect to Apple services is broken at this point. I unpackaged the plugin and attempted to use the utilities included with the version of ipycloud distributed within the plugin, and was not able to authenticate to the icloud services. I attempted to update ipycloud to the latest, but at some point they stopped supporting Python 2.6, so I haven't been able to test with the new version. I did however validate that I was able to authenticate through the new version outside of Indigo.

Posted on
Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:04 pm
Shutter offline

I can confirm that it stopped working prior to Indigo 6.1.8

Posted on
Wed May 11, 2016 3:36 am
Londonmark offline

Still not working for me. I cannot be sure whether it was 6.1.8 that broke it - probably not. I have removed all devices, but cannot add any of them back. When I try to add devices, I can select my account and click confirm, but then the device drop down is empty.

Any ideas?

Posted on
Wed May 11, 2016 6:54 am
rapamatic offline

I'm having the same issue. Perhaps something changed on Apple's end?

Posted on
Wed May 11, 2016 8:26 pm
peteinau offline

Mine is still broken as well, seems to not be updating, and I can't add any new devices either.

Posted on
Thu May 12, 2016 2:51 am
midd offline

Since updating to Indigo 6.1.9, I'm no longer receiving the log errors. Don't know if I can add any new devices yet. I'll try tonight or tomorrow.

Indigo 7, Monterey (12.1) on a 2009 Mac Pro..

Page 1 of 1