error in Line '3035'

Posted on
Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:04 am
dnomode offline

error in Line '3035'

Hello Mike,

Thanks for the great plugin. I'm still in the process of setting it up and I'm excited to get it going.

So far I've added an iCloud Account, a few geo locations and 3 devices.

I'm getting the following errors.

Any ideas?

Code: Select all
  fingscan                        error in  Line '3035' ;  error='can't convert negative value to unsigned'
  iFindStuff                      Failed to access pluginPrefs for key fields - advise Developer
  iFindStuff                      Code failure while attempting to update devices - MT
  iFindStuff                      Code failure while attempting to update devices - MT
  iFindStuff                      Setting up the Custom API...
  iFindStuff                      Failed to access pluginPrefs for key fields - advise Developer

Thanks for your help.
Edmond

Posted on
Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:30 am
Chameleon offline

Re: error in Line '3035'

dnomode wrote:
Hello Mike,

Thanks for the great plugin. I'm still in the process of setting it up and I'm excited to get it going.

So far I've added an iCloud Account, a few geo locations and 3 devices.

I'm getting the following errors.

Any ideas?

Code: Select all
  fingscan                        error in  Line '3035' ;  error='can't convert negative value to unsigned'
  iFindStuff                      Setting up the Custom API...

Thanks for your help.
Edmond

Edmond

Ok there's something in the preferences file it doesn't like but I need a little more information. Fortunately, in the last release I added a debug log to the programme to help resolve exactly these sort of problems.

You need to RUN THE PLUGIN and get the errors in the indigo log and then find the iFindStuffErrors.log and send the information to me.

Stages:

a) Run the plugin until you get the errors in the indigo log - this is very important as iFindStuff resets the log each time it's run so this step ensures that the error will have been recorded!

b) Open and cut and paste the contents of the iFindStuffErrors,log

To find the log you need to go to the Indigo 6 logs folder... this is the path:

/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Logs

You can get there in Finder using the Go to Folder option

When you're in the folder look for a file called iFindStuffErrors.log. It's a normal text file so you can open it with TextEdit or if you double click on it the Mac LogViewer will be used instead.

If you could cut and paste the contents and PM them to me that would help me resolve your issue quite quickly (I hope :D)

It's a lot easier than it sounds. This should resolve the issue fairly quickly as the log tells me exactly the problem iFindStuff is having

Thanks

Mike

Page 1 of 1