Latest version 1.01.01 - FINGScan linking...

Posted on
Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:29 am
Chameleon offline

Latest version 1.01.01 - FINGScan linking...

Hi all

Some of you may have noticed the changes I've been working through with Karl Wachs over the last few days. He's been giving me some really helpful ideas and also a specification (and all the code I might add) for linking FINGScan to iFindStuff. Now you can get the best of both words!

You can download the latest version from this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vtnxa5ssxvroga2/iFindStuff.zip?dl=1

Karl explains the link much better than I ever could in his forum at:

http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=166&t=12787&p=104429#p104429

I''m going to add similar functionality into NEST Home so we can automatically use NEST Home and FINGScan together - watch this space.

B74/B81 - I keep getting Failed to calculate bearing numbers or update correctly - advise Developer in my log or It's not calculating the distances right some of the time. Resolved. This was a difficult one to track down and Karl actually noticed the issue before I'd found it when he was deciding the best way to include FINGScan. I'm very grateful as I'm sure are our users especially Glenn from nNew Zealand who was convinced it was because he was in the Southern Hemisphere :mrgreen:

B82 - I keep getting the following error message:

iFindStuff Error Error in plugin execution ExecuteAction:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 3968, in refreshMaps
<type 'exceptions.TypeError'>: refreshAllDevices() takes exactly 2 arguments (1 given)

This was a lot easier to find especially as Glenn had given me some great logs and information. I'm glad to say he was right there was an error in the code (which is nearing 5000+ lines) and I've resolved it!

That's all for now. Thanks for testing as usual. I'm going off to the pub for a little while and prepare for the Rugby World Cup Final tomorrow.

Regards

Mike

Posted on
Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:26 am
GlennNZ offline

Re: Latest version 1.01.01 - FINGScan linking...

Thanks

those errors appear gone - sorry about the but, but this one has appeared - will double check my settings

thanks

Glenn

iFindStuff Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

File "plugin.py", line 3319, in runConcurrentThread
File "plugin.py", line 2706, in updateAllDeviceMaps
File "plugin.py", line 2561, in urlGenerate
<type 'exceptions.KeyError'>: key geoLatitude not found in dict

iFindStuff Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Posted on
Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:37 am
Chameleon offline

GlennNZ wrote:
Thanks

those errors appear gone - sorry about the but, but this one has appeared - will double check my settings

thanks

Glenn

iFindStuff Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

File "plugin.py", line 3319, in runConcurrentThread
File "plugin.py", line 2706, in updateAllDeviceMaps
File "plugin.py", line 2561, in urlGenerate
<type 'exceptions.KeyError'>: key geoLatitude not found in dict

iFindStuff Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Glenn

You've a problem with one of your GeoFences. Somehow it's got corrupted. Either that or there's something very strange going on. I've now trapped out the error and got the plugin to report an error telling you which GeoFence is causing the problem to make it easier. You'll probably have to delete the geofence and recreate it. Alternatively, you can click Edit Device Configuration for the rogue GeoFence Device and the click Save and it should right itself.

If you download the latest version from the forum (It will be 1.01.02) and run that and it should ( :wink: ) tell you where the problem is.

Regards

Mike

Posted on
Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:16 pm
GlennNZ offline

Thanks

1.01.02 - did notify that geofence lat/long incorrect. Some where along the way - all data within had disappeared - replaced and all good.

Glenn

Posted on
Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:30 pm
Chameleon offline

GlennNZ wrote:
Thanks

1.01.02 - did notify that geofence lat/long incorrect. Some where along the way - all data within had disappeared - replaced and all good.

Glenn

Excellent. I'm releasing a version with better testing features which will make sending logs a lot easier. I've trapped that issue now :)

Mike

Page 1 of 1