Instructions for installing iFindStuff - Production

Posted on
Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:53 am
Chameleon offline

Instructions for installing iFindStuff - Production

iFindStuff moves to Production status with NEST Home GeoFencing!

We'll the day has finally arrived. I've decided to take iFindStuff to Production and make it freely available to all. Thanks to all of those people who helped test and suggest some great ideas for the plugin - it's certainly grown a lot more comprehensive over the last few weeks. The latest version is 1.0.06. Please ensure that any previous files that exist in your Download directory related to iFindStuff are deleted before downloading any files.

To use iFindStuff I strongly recommend that you Read the Manual which you can download from here:
Installing iFindStuff is a little more complicated than some plugins because of the functionality it provides. However, all users with MAC skills ranging from none to guru have installed it without problems following the instructions and manual that are provided. They've also said it was worth the effort!

You should also familiarise yourself with two key forum topics:
When you're ready to install the software you'll need three downloads:
Please prepare your system for iFindStuff, get your Google Maps API Key and authorise it and finally install the iFindStuff plugins. The manual explains the process and what you should do with the contents of the icons files. If you get any problems leave me a message below :D

About 25 users have been testing the plugin and given some really good support to get it working well.

I hope you enjoy it as well! :D

Regards

Mike

Posted on
Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:54 am
SpencerJRoberts offline

Re: Latest Version of iFindStuff - Production

Just getting into this plugin this morning, so far so good! I have one account and device all set up and the static image is working well. I've yet to run away from the house and test the geofencing, but one question about that: There are a lot of trigger options, is the proper way to do geofencing to use "Entered Range Name Becomes Equal To" ?

This is looking to be a much needed replacement for my current clunky method of presence detection for iOS devices, and I can't wait to see the Life360 support since we use that as well. Let me know if you need any beta testing for Life360 features :) and keep up the awesome work!

Posted on
Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:14 pm
Chameleon offline

Re: Latest Version of iFindStuff - Production 1.0.02

All

I discovered a minor error in the Google Maps API manager which very occasionally caused Google to respond - ** No Google Route **. This is now fixed :D

Mike

Posted on
Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:43 pm
Chameleon offline

SpencerJRoberts wrote:
Just getting into this plugin this morning, so far so good! I have one account and device all set up and the static image is working well. I've yet to run away from the house and test the geofencing, but one question about that: There are a lot of trigger options, is the proper way to do geofencing to use "Entered Range Name Becomes Equal To" ?

This is looking to be a much needed replacement for my current clunky method of presence detection for iOS devices, and I can't wait to see the Life360 support since we use that as well. Let me know if you need any beta testing for Life360 features :) and keep up the awesome work!

Spencer

I'd use the deviceLeft and deviceEntered logic flags to see if a device has left or entered a GeoFence and then Check the Left Name for the Geo it's left.

For example:

This is a trigger that will notice when I leave a GeoFence...

Screen Shot 2015-09-20 at 19.17.10.png
Screen Shot 2015-09-20 at 19.17.10.png (28.58 KiB) Viewed 5236 times

Then I've attached a Condition to make it even more specific:

Screen Shot 2015-09-20 at 19.16.52.png
Screen Shot 2015-09-20 at 19.16.52.png (48.01 KiB) Viewed 5236 times

So this trigger will notice when I leave a GeoFence and that Fence must be the Home GeoFence :D

You could also have multiple conditions against the trigger as well...

If you want to check that everyone has left a GeoFence you can check the GeoFence Device:

Screen Shot 2015-09-20 at 19.21.27.png
Screen Shot 2015-09-20 at 19.21.27.png (39.8 KiB) Viewed 5236 times

That's probably the easier option in some cases :mrgreen:

The trouble with flexibility there are so many ways to do things!

BTW - I'm looking at Life360 integration now :)

Regards

Mike

Posted on
Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:11 pm
SpencerJRoberts offline

Thanks for the clarification! One more quick one, what unit of measurement is the "Range of the Geolocation" parameter? It would be helpful to have that noted in the device settings :mrgreen:

Posted on
Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:21 pm
Chameleon offline

SpencerJRoberts wrote:
Thanks for the clarification! One more quick one, what unit of measurement is the "Range of the Geolocation" parameter? It would be helpful to have that noted in the device settings :mrgreen:

Good. Idea... I can put the units there. Tbe units for the range are based on the units you select on the configuration. Imperial: range is measured in feet. In metric and metres it's measured in metres. Indigo isn't good at letting me customise dialogs so I'll have to think about how I show units.

Btw... If you switch units then the plugin will automatically convert distances AND ranges between ft and m and vice versa.

Hope that helps

Mike

Posted on
Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:37 pm
SpencerJRoberts offline

Awesome, thanks!

Page 1 of 1