Support for relay type devices (vs custom type)

Forum rules

This is a legacy forum which is locked for new topics. New topics should be started in one of the other forums under Extending Indigo

Posted on
Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:01 pm
donhoffman offline

Support for relay type devices (vs custom type)

Getting to final stages of tossing out my last MrHouse to replace it with Indigo and need to get my Weeder board support going to do so.

I was pretty far down the road of doing a version that was modeled after EasyDAQ and even to the point of turning relays on and off when I decided that I did not like the user model it presented, with my relay buried as properties inside some other strange device where they had little individual visibility at the action level. I really would prefer to treat each relay as its own device.

So, given that, do you support creation of "relay" type devices yet? I see stubs in the documentation, but I also see some FixMe's mention some stuff I would need to know to create a device of this type. Or should I just create a custom device that happens to look a lot like a relay? I know how to do the latter but I kind of like the idea of just reusing a type you will be supporting some day.

(I think we may have discussed this at one point, but I can't recall it or find signs the discussion anymore. Apologies if that is so.)

Don

Posted on
Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:07 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Support for relay type devices (vs custom type)

The plan is to have it done by GM. Things may change, but that's the current plan.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1