Basic Questions about Python and Mac environment...

Forum rules

This is a legacy forum which is locked for new topics. New topics should be started in one of the other forums under Extending Indigo

Posted on
Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 am
Swancoat offline

Re: Basic Questions about Python and Mac environment...

...so do I have to DEFINE the actions for each device? (I had up to this point not paid much attention to actions, as I thought they were mainly just for things not normally included in a device, and the basic stuff was 'included' in the device definitions. i.e. I thought if I define a device as a 'relay' it would include a way to click 'on' and 'off' in Indigo and I would just define some pre-named method that takes that click and tells the plugin what to do with it).

I'll check out the actions side of things tonight. That's probably my missing piece. (Yes, I will ready python and xml stuff on my Friday nights).

http://nerdhome.jimdo.com

Posted on
Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:23 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Relay and Dimmer, as subclass definitions, aren't yet implemented but they will be before we ship 5.0 GM. So you may want to wait for that - you are correct that you won't need to define states, trigger definition UI, or action configuration UI for those devices - they'll inherit what they get from the standard definition of those devices in Indigo (include ad-hoc control UIs). For all intents and purposes they'll behave in the UI just like any other lamp or relay (appliance) device.

At least that's the current plan... ;)

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:02 am
Swancoat offline

Ahhhh, awesome. I had loaded up my plugin (with no real functioning code yet), added a fake device, and was wondering why there was no way to turn it on or off. I figured I just didn't know what I was doing yet.

So... as is tradition on this site, I will ask, "How long to GM?" :D

http://nerdhome.jimdo.com

Posted on
Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:27 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

And, as is tradition, "When it's ready"... 8)

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn