Finding INSTEON devices with buttons

Forum rules

This is a legacy forum which is locked for new topics. New topics should be started in one of the other forums under Extending Indigo

Posted on
Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:40 am
Perry The Cynic offline

Finding INSTEON devices with buttons

Is there a way to enumerate INSTEON devices that have buttons? (Not "setup" buttons - real buttons the user presses to make things turn on and off.) I know how to enumerate INSTEON controllers - iter("indigo.insteon,indigo.controller") - but that includes controllers that don't have actual user-pressable buttons like motion sensors.

The buttonGroupCount doesn't seem to help - it's 3 for an INSTEON motion sensor (I assume it counts controller scenes).

Cheers
-- perry

Posted on
Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:19 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Finding INSTEON devices with buttons

Try the iter you have above (insteon + controller), then add:

Code: Select all
if type(dev) is indigo.SensorDevice:
  continue

That should exclude motion sensors, TriggerLincs, etc., while keeping RemoteLincs and ControLincs (and relay/dimmer switches).

One gotcha I can think of (might be more) is that will still include dual-band LampLincs and other plugin modules that act as controllers (older firmware LampLincs, etc., are not controllers, so those will not be included). In this case the SET button though does turn on/off the load (and can control other modules) so technically one could think of that as a controller button. If you want to exclude those then you could search for LampLinc, ApplianceLinc, and OutletLinc in the type name.

Page 1 of 1