First Arduino project...what board works bes with the plugin

Posted on
Fri May 12, 2023 3:42 pm
jroach offline

First project in Arduino. I picked up 1/2 dozen ESP8266 Wemos D1 Mini (clone) thinking Arduino is Arduino.
Will the "FREE-undefined" work in the pull down or should I get a different board?

Project I have in mind are:

- Battery powered LED Candle attached it Indigo via Arduino
- Wireless Amplifier/Speaker powered by 12vAC landscape lighting. Hoping tha t Arduino can act as the receiver from Airfoil
- 12/24v color "hue like" light (again powered off my landscape lighting)

I don't know much about Arduino but what I have played with so far is a blast:)

Posted on
Mon May 22, 2023 8:13 pm
mundmc offline

Re: First Arduino project...what board works bes with the pl

While Karl knows infinitely more about this stuff, I've gotten really into building my own home automation hardware in the last year. Granted, some of it is a little insane and more performance art than utility, definitely feel free to message me. I have some of the stuff up on YouTube/Instagram/Reddit.

I might be able to save you a lot of floundering that I initially did, especially with Wi-Fi devices using an Arduino environment.

Posted on
Mon May 22, 2023 8:14 pm
mundmc offline

Lol I realized I was just responding to you about your other wled project, I can continue to help with that as well.

Below: Esp32's with custom pcb carrier-relay boards
Below: esp32 proto-board with 3 temp sensors, flow meter, display, and servo that controls an open loop hot water radiator system I made out of some garbage

Below: custom pcb with esp32, pir, oles, and bme280 (I am deploying around 10 or more of these to handle motion tracking and temperature reporting in my house)

Page 1 of 1