ARDUINO plugin discussion

Posted on
Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:18 am
kw123 offline

Re: ARDUINO plugin discussion

If it has a regular ESP chip Yes
You must load the ino file onto the device , same as for all esp devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:27 pm
mcfarlde offline

Thats Great, thanks. Will be trying it over the next few days.

Derek

Posted on
Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:42 am
norcoscia offline

Hi, today I started working through my plug-ins to update them to the latest version (the plug-in store versions) - When I updated the ARDUINO plug-in I started to see this message in my log.

Code: Select all
  arduino                         in Line '790' has error='local variable 'props' referenced before assignment'

It has been a long time since I spent the afternoon noodling around in the code so I apologize if this is a dumb question - any help is appreciated :-)

_______
Norm

Posted on
Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:36 pm
kw123 offline

posted a fix on the plugin store https://www.indigodomo.com/pluginstore/74/

Posted on
Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:44 pm
norcoscia offline

Thanks so much, that fixed it :D

_______
Norm

Posted on
Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:48 pm
norcoscia offline

Hi, Karl, I noticed you did not have a cube logo for your Arduino Plug-in (on the plug-in page). I had a few extra second so I made one if you care to use it - if not -- no worries. It seemed like a quick fun challenge and it is the very least I can do since I'm using your plug-in and having so much fun with it....
Attachments
ArduinoPlugInLogo.png
ArduinoPlugInLogo.png (54.32 KiB) Viewed 5419 times

_______
Norm

Posted on
Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:52 pm
kw123 offline

Sure. Thanks

Posted on
Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:14 pm
kw123 offline

tried to upload it to the indigo store , but it does not accept it, may be it does not like 3d? :o

Posted on
Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:23 am
norcoscia offline

Maybe it needs to be 128X128 PX like the others for it to upload. This one has been resized....
Attachments
ArduinoPlugInLogo128by128.png
ArduinoPlugInLogo128by128.png (8.39 KiB) Viewed 5365 times

_______
Norm

Posted on
Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:25 am
kw123 offline

It worked fine ...needed to empty the browser cache

Posted on
Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:29 am
norcoscia offline

Great, glad it worked :D

_______
Norm

Posted on
Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:04 pm
BonfireVA offline

Hi all. I have been playing around with some micro controllers for various sensors around the house (Temp, humidity, motion, ambient light, and window/door open/closed status) as well as access control for my three garage doors. I have uses a couple NodeMCU (8266 wifi) boards as well as a couple Unos and a Mega with ethernet shields. I have been using a combination of the Green Sky MQTT Bridge, MQTT gateway, and Masquerade plugins for interaction between the Aurdiunos and Indigo using Mosquito MQTT server on my MAC. So far it has been working very well. But I ran across this plugin, thanks to the new plugin store (very nice btw) and was wondering if there is an advantage to using this plugin over what I have been doing.

What types of use cases are you all using this plugin for?

Respectfully,

-Eric

Posted on
Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:34 am
aderrington offline

Hi,
I'd love to hear how people are using the Arduino plugin that Karl has written and what uses people have for it. I'm interested in trying to utilise it more but need some suggestions :-)

I have 3 Wemos boards in use with the plugin:

1 - Doorbell, i use a standard push button doorbell connected to the wemos, this has a RGB LED behind the button that glows blue constantly but changes colour when the button is pushed, this inturn triggers a relay connected to the Wemos to activate the actual bell. It also triggers Indigo to flash lights around the house and speak over the Airplay speakers "someone's at the door"

2 - Rack fan monitor, I have 2 temperature sensors, 1 inside my rack and 1 outside. It monitors the temperature and when required will trigger a relay to turn on some fans in the rack to help cool it down. These are put into variables in Indigo so i can see them, but it would be great to have them as actual devices.... (any idea how?)

3 - Mains power consumption monitor (brand new) Just installed it today to monitor the power consumption of the house and log it, this will show on some displays around the house the current household energy consumption, and i will chart it so that there is some way to show the history.

I am considering converting my Wemos boards over to full fledge arduino boards and using some form of active POE, Possibly using the Arduino Leonardo.

So whats everyone else using it for?
Thanks
Andrew

Posted on
Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:58 am
kw123 offline

my coolest is a :

put esp boards into remotes.
Added some opto couplers and connected the opto couplers to the buttons . This allows indigo to literally "press" buttons on the remote.

works fine, BUT it requires some soldering and understanding of the electronics of the remote (i.e. different remotes have common ground and sometimes common + ..)

Karl

Posted on
Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:32 am
norcoscia offline

I have one controlling the fresh air intake duct to my air handler - when we cook (gas oven) and the C02 level gets above 3000 PPM (monitored by Netatmo) I open the fresh air intake and also power up a laundry room overhead exhaust vent to provide some negative pressure in the house. Works great.

I also use it to exchange fresh air into my house (it is very tight construction so important to exchange air) when it makes the most sense - in summer I do my exchanges when it is coolest outside and the opposite for winter. If windows are open I skip the exchange. Saves money and improves the air quality in my house.

I also use them in various places to monitor temp and humidity - I have a working setup that allows me to turn on and off my gas fireplace via voice but I have not installed it because having my HA stuff start fires in my house makes me a little nervous.

Karl has done a great job with this plug-in - you are only limited by your imagination and time - almost anything is possible with the information integration from the rest of your Indigo setup. You could water plants, drop peanuts to chipmunks or shut crawlspace vents when the temps go too low - the system is very customizable and supports many HW platform configurations ....

_______
Norm