Can this plugin work with another RGBW device

Posted on
Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:08 am
haavarda offline

Can this plugin work with another RGBW device

Hi,
I have a couple of the ZIPATO RGBW bulbs installed.
Could this plugin work with this devices also?

Håvard

Posted on
Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:11 am
Chameleon offline

Re: Can this plugin work with another RGBW device

haavarda wrote:
Hi,
I have a couple of the ZIPATO RGBW bulbs installed.
Could this plugin work with this devices also?

It depends on how indigo supports them. The plugin manages up to 4 channels for rgbw or three for rgbw. Depending on how indigo managers those channels it could work. Do you change zwave parameters to control each channel? If so it could be modified to get its source and send output to a different place easily enough. I'd be happy to try but I couldn't test :)

Mike

Posted on
Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:56 am
haavarda offline

I change the color by typically using an action group --> Z-wave actions --> set RGB levels. There is also a std slider to control the level.

Håvard

Posted on
Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:29 am
Chameleon offline

haavarda wrote:
I change the color by typically using an action group --> Z-wave actions --> set RGB levels. There is also a std slider to control the level.

Ok I see - I didn't know about that :). In theory - yes. I just need to manage the changing of the lights via the channels in the dialog. Do you get one device only in your devices or 5 devices (RGBW and Intensity/Brightness)?

If so - I'd need to understand the properties of the device - but I can write a small piece of code to let us know that...

Let me look at using a plugin to manage the action dialog :wink: If you can let me know what actual 'devices' appear in indigo...

Mike

Posted on
Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:42 am
Chameleon offline

haavarda wrote:

Also what is the range of the RGBW parameters? 0-100 or 0-255 or something else?

Regards

Mike

Posted on
Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:42 pm
haavarda offline

Hi Mike.
The range is 0-100.
If you see the screenshots you can see how device UI appears. The two different sliders is a bit confusing as it seams as if the first controling the rgb and the second is controlling the withe led.
Thanks for looking at this :)
Attachments
Skjermbilde 2015-10-13 kl. 20.39.24.png
Skjermbilde 2015-10-13 kl. 20.39.24.png (31.01 KiB) Viewed 5292 times
Skjermbilde 2015-10-13 kl. 20.39.13.png
Skjermbilde 2015-10-13 kl. 20.39.13.png (31.06 KiB) Viewed 5292 times
Skjermbilde 2015-10-13 kl. 20.38.49.png
Skjermbilde 2015-10-13 kl. 20.38.49.png (59.62 KiB) Viewed 5292 times

Håvard

Posted on
Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:13 am
Chameleon offline

HI all

I've updated the plugin to allow for the use of single device LEDs like the Ziparo and AeoTech devices. When you install the plugin and create a new device you have the option to select a Fibaro type device type or not. If you select Fibaro you'll have access to multiple devices that support the Fibaro like dimmer. If this box is unchecked you can define a Single device type like the Zipato or Aeotech.

I don't actually have any of these devices to test against so I'd be grateful if someone else can install the plugin and test it and then let me know the issues/results. :D

Ta

Mike

Posted on
Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:08 am
haavarda offline

Excellent Mike!
I tried it with teamviewer on my phone just to try it before I get home, and I think this really has potential. I did run in to an error when configuring the device and was not able to click "Save". It says "Error validating fields. Hover over the red filed labels above to see the error reason".
But I dont see any red fields... That is about the fault finding I can do with team viewer and an iPhone.. :) But I can look more in to it later today. Just let me know what you need.

The Zipato bulb is a bit strange when it comes to operating it. But we can look at that when the device is up and running.

Thanks for your effort Mike :)

Håvard

Posted on
Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:19 am
haavarda offline

This is the error I am getting when trying to save a new device:

Code: Select all
19. okt. 2015, 18.17.57
  Fibaro Light Manager            Colour of LED RGBW CONTROLL HALL is now Yellow green
  Fibaro Light Manager Error      Error in plugin execution UiValidate:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 484, in validateDeviceConfigUi
  File "plugin.py", line 121, in changeDeviceColours
<class 'Boost.Python.ArgumentError'>: Python argument types in
    PluginInfo.executeAction(PluginInfo, str)
did not match C++ signature:
    executeAction(CPlugin {lvalue}, CCString actionTypeId, unsigned long deviceId=0, boost::python::api::object props=None, bool waitUntilDone=True)

Håvard

Posted on
Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:33 am
Chameleon offline

haavarda wrote:
This is the error I am getting when trying to save a new device:

19. okt. 2015, 18.17.57
  Fibaro Light Manager            Colour of LED RGBW CONTROLL HALL is now Yellow green
  Fibaro Light Manager Error      Error in plugin execution UiValidate:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 484, in validateDeviceConfigUi
  File "plugin.py", line 121, in changeDeviceColours
<class 'Boost.Python.ArgumentError'>: Python argument types in
    PluginInfo.executeAction(PluginInfo, str)
did not match C++ signature:
    executeAction(CPlugin {lvalue}, CCString actionTypeId, unsigned long deviceId=0, boost::python::api::object props=None, bool waitUntilDone=True)

Thanks... :D

I found a way to test so I've updated the plugin this afternoon. I think I've got it now so you should see an improved system in about 30 mins (18:00 UK time)

Let me know how that one goes... it works for me anyway :)

Regards

Mike

Posted on
Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:28 am
haavarda offline

Hi Mike.
I have been able to play a bit with this, and I think this is going to be perfect. It just needs some tweaking because the Zipato bulb is a bit strange...

With my Zipato bulb I dont see what the Master intensity is doing? What is this actually controlling?
Since the bulb is showing as 2 different switches my experience is that I have to turn off the second of them to be able to see the rgb color. If not it seams like the white light is to dominant or disables posibility to set rgb. Could there be an option to turn off bulb2 before setting rgb levels?

There is a possibility to adjust color temperature with parameter 1 on this device, and somehow this adjustment is just shown when using the second of the multilevel switches.

As you can see this is not easy to understand, at least I am struggling to see any logic in it. But thank you for implementing this bulb in your plugin. I think this can make it a lot easier to use.

Håvard

Posted on
Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:33 am
Chameleon offline

haavarda wrote:
Hi Mike.
I have been able to play a bit with this, and I think this is going to be perfect. It just needs some tweaking because the Zipato bulb is a bit strange...

With my Zipato bulb I dont see what the Master intensity is doing? What is this actually controlling?
Since the bulb is showing as 2 different switches my experience is that I have to turn off the second of them to be able to see the rgb color. If not it seams like the white light is to dominant or disables posibility to set rgb. Could there be an option to turn off bulb2 before setting rgb levels?

There is a possibility to adjust color temperature with parameter 1 on this device, and somehow this adjustment is just shown when using the second of the multilevel switches.

As you can see this is not easy to understand, at least I am struggling to see any logic in it. But thank you for implementing this bulb in your plugin. I think this can make it a lot easier to use.

Havard

I can't actually test the device in real life so I'm guessing most of the time. The Master Intensity is used by some devices as an overall control for brightness across all channels. I suspect it has absolutely no effect on the Ziparto operation so can be safely ignored. I might need to write a 'driver' specific for the Ziparto device let's see. In the meantime just ignore it.

Now onto the two devices. I understood from your screen shots that this was the case.

So it looks as if there are two devices operating here - let's call them White and RGB.

Knowing Matt & Jays approach they have two different device numbers but the same address - is that right? The White Device will have one code and the RGB Device will have another. The logic would work like this I think:

White Light
if I want to show a white light I don't use the second device I use the White Device therefore the RGB Device should be switched off, White Device should be switched on, User should be able to set a colour temperature (do you know the parameter name/number?)

RGB Light
If I want to use RGB functionality the White device must be off therefore the White Device should be turned off, The RGB levels set on the second device, The RGB Device switched on.

Off
To ensure that light is fully off there are two devices White and RGB that need to be switched off

I appreciate that's a lot of words for a simple premise but I need to understand the mechanism so I can code it.

So can you let me know:
    Are there two separate devices?
    Are the addresses the same?
    Are the device codes different?
    What is the model description for the devices (so I can search for bulbs in the devices list for the dropdowns)?
    What is the parameter that needs to be set on the White device and what is the possible range?
    What is the name of the parameter (or parameter number)?

That should do for starters :D

Regards

Mike

Posted on
Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:59 am
haavarda offline

Hi Mike.
I am just happy that you are looking at this :)

Hope this answers your questions...

Yes. It is displayed as a Device group in Indigo. One master and one slave. If I edit the master I can adjust parameter 1 (Color temp). The slave only shows information. Address, name and manufacturer. The Master controls the dimming of the RGB (0-100) and the slave controls the dimming of the white (0-100).

Yes. So in my case they both have adress 72

Not sure what you codes are, but if you are thinking of device ID this is different for the two devices.

What is the model description for the devices (so I can search for bulbs in the devices list for the dropdowns)?

Multilevel Switch - RGBW LED Bulb

What is the parameter that needs to be set on the White device and what is the possible range?

Parameter 1, ragne 1-100

Color temperature

Håvard

Posted on
Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:06 pm
Chameleon offline

haavarda wrote:
Hi Mike.

Yes. It is displayed as a Device group in Indigo. One master and one slave. If I edit the master I can adjust parameter 1 (Color temp). The slave only shows information. Address, name and manufacturer. The Master controls the dimming of the RGB (0-100) and the slave controls the dimming of the white (0-100).

Not sure what you codes are, but if you are thinking of device ID this is different for the two devices.

Parameter 1, ragne 1-100

Color temperature

Perfect answers - yes I can make that device work with the plugin :D I'll make a special device for Ziparto MultiSwitch. I'll also add an action to switch between White and RGB modes and the ability to set the Temperature. If we get this working I'll have to get some :P

Mike

Posted on
Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:25 pm
Chameleon offline

haavarda wrote:
Hi Mike.

Parameter 1, ragne 1-100

Color temperature

Just one more thing. I need to know how Matt & Jay have configured each device so I need to have the properties.

It's easy enough.

1. Write down the ID code for each device
2. Create an Action and select Server Actions, Execute Script

It should look like this:

Screen Shot 2015-10-20 at 19.13.40.png
Action group for properties
Screen Shot 2015-10-20 at 19.13.40.png (80.11 KiB) Viewed 5090 times

Enter some code in the embedded python box...

import indigo
dev1 = indigo.devices[ID of the Master Device] # Master
dev2 = indigo.devices[ID of the Slave Device] # Slave
indigo.server.log(str(dev1))
indigo.server.log(str(dev2))

In the screen shot above you can see that I've added the actual ID numbers into the indigo.devices[] area.

3. Click on Run
4. Look at the log and you'll have a dump of all the configuration information that Matt & Jay have created for your device.

Mine looks like this:

Screen Shot 2015-10-20 at 19.14.14.png
Typical Output
Screen Shot 2015-10-20 at 19.14.14.png (137.26 KiB) Viewed 5090 times

Now I'd like you to cut and paste all of the information in the log and send it to me :D

If you find that there is too much information (because there is a lot of it) i suggest that you run the code twice once for each device.

i.e.

import indigo
dev1 = indigo.devices[407727969] # Master
indigo.server.log(str(dev1))

and then

import indigo
dev2 = indigo.devices[407727969] # Master
indigo.server.log(str(dev2))

Substituting your id numbers for each device in turn.

Once I've got that information it's a fairly simple exercise to create a new device type for your Ziparto Bulbs... Then I might buy some :D

I'll need you to test it when you have the chance but I don't think it'll take too long.

Thanks

Mike