Is this plugin being updated!? - Answer -New version 0.2.01

Posted on
Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:46 pm
Chameleon offline

Is this plugin being updated!? - Answer -New version 0.2.01

Hi all

Latest Version of Fibaro RGBW Controller Manager

I know that some of you have been asking "When is he going to spend some time on this plugin to make it as cool as NEST Home or iFindStuff?" Well the answer to that question is this weekend :D I've released a new version 0.2.01 which is still Alpha but lives up to the promises I made in the first features list.

I've made it more robust, added some features that have been requested and made it more useful overall. I'm going to write a manual next week but you should be able to work your way through it now. If you've installed it before I recommend that you install the new version and delete any devices you've created so far. It's better to start from a clear slate. To remind you...

This plugin is designed to provide additional functionality for users of the Fibaro RGBW Controller http://www.vesternet.com/z-wave-fibaro-rgbw-controller. Please read the Use Case post http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=176&t=14329 for more details on the Fibaro RGBW Module.

The latest version of Fibaro Light Manager 0.2.01 can be downloaded from the link below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dayo30alpcx8lki/Fibaro%20RGB%20Lights.zip?dl=1

You should download this file and install the plugin in the normal way by clicking on the downloaded file.

To use preset colours you also need to download this file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yo5k3ucwibakfp9/RGBColours.zip?dl=1

This text file contains the definitions for around 100+ different colours and is required to use any preset colours. The plugin will report an error if this file is not saved in the correct location.

Once downloaded and extracted - please copy the RGBColours.txt file to /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Preferences/Plugins folder. I'll automate this in future releases.

You should read the instructions in the FAQ post http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=176&t=14350 to help you get started. Please enjoy

This is still an Alpha package at the moment that I will be refining over the coming weeks in the same way I did with the NEST Home and iFindStuff plugins. Although you can expect some issues I don't expect that they will impact your indigo system but as usual the risk you take by installing an Alpha is your own :D

Notes for version 0.2.01

F01 - I'd like to be able to control the 'W' channel - can you add this functionality. The White channel is now prevalent throughout the plugin and is treated like any other channel. You can set a value in the range 0-100 in the appropriate fields.

F02 - Can you add some menu options for setting colours and linking devices. Using actions for everything is tedious. Agreed, so you'll now find there are menu options that mirror the action group options that I provided last time.

Screen Shot 2015-10-10 at 19.11.15.png
    New menu options
    Screen Shot 2015-10-10 at 19.11.15.png (193.46 KiB) Viewed 2312 times

These options allow you to set up your system initially and then use other action groups to modify how it behaves. I've set my lights so they glow BLUE in the kitchen when it's freezing outside and RED if there is an alarm from one of my sensors.

F03 - Can you add some custom states because it's difficult to see if a device is on or off, what the settings are on each channel and if I use a preset colour I'd like to know which one the device is set to. You'll find that all of these have been added. You'll discover five new states; redSetting, blueSetting, greenSetting, whiteSetting and compositeSetting. These reflect the values that you set for each channel using actions or menu items. You'll also find two additional states; deviceStatus which is set to On or Off and presetColour which displays the name of the present colour selected for the device or 'Custom' if you use the colour picker.

F04 - Can you add some flag so I know if the device is on or off. You'll see a dot next to the state in the Devices page. If it's green the device is on. If it's grey the device is off. Sounds simple :D

Overall this is a tidy and improve release for the plugin. I'm going to start to add additional functionality over the next week but any comments, ideas or issues would be most welcome.

Thanks for testing :D

Regards

Mike

Posted on
Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:09 pm
freshwuzhere offline

Re: Is this plugin being updated!? - Answer -New version 0.

Awesome (as usual!)

Posted on
Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:23 pm
Chameleon offline

Re: Is this plugin being updated!? - Answer -New version 0.

Thanks - let me know how you get on. Your thanks is appreciated by me :D

Regards

Mike

Page 1 of 1