Issues installing PILLOW

Posted on
Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:44 am
Chameleon offline

Issues installing PILLOW

A couple of users have had issues installing PILLOW on their MACs. The world is a lot easier under WINDOWS :roll:

Anyway... if you're having problems there are a couple of steps you can take:

Two ideas to start with....

1. Upgrade pip2.6

This is a common error if pip is out of date...

Did you install pip2.6 or was it already on your system?

If it wasn't you may need to upgrade it first:

sudo easy_install2.6 --upgrade pip2.6

2. Just use pip on it's own

Or just let your system sort it out... I've updated the software to be more flexible on which version of PILLOW it uses so this should also work fine...

sudo pip install PILLOW

Upgrade your plugin to the latest version 0.3.06 (at least) - see forum for link and details

Hopefully, 1 or 2 should work fine. If not let me know and we'll investigate further

Regards

Mike

Posted on
Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:28 am
durosity offline

Re: Issues installing PILLOW

I'll try this when I get home. I fell behind at the weekend when I had to rush up to Glasgow.. tried to keep up with it remotely but became a right pain ;)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:50 am
MartinG offline

I'm still stuck at the "can't install PILLOW" place:

Code: Select all
Command "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/Resources/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/Python -u -c "import setuptools, tokenize;__file__='/private/tmp/pip-build-sXbSVH/PILLOW/setup.py';exec(compile(getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(__file__).read().replace('\r\n', '\n'), __file__, 'exec'))" install --record /tmp/pip-pAK1v1-record/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile" failed with error code 1 in /private/tmp/pip-build-sXbSVH/PILLOW/
/Library/Python/2.6/site-packages/pip-8.1.2-py2.6.egg/pip/_vendor/requests/packages/urllib3/util/ssl_.py:122: InsecurePlatformWarning: A true SSLContext object is not available. This prevents urllib3 from configuring SSL appropriately and may cause certain SSL connections to fail. You can upgrade to a newer version of Python to solve this. For more information, see https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/security.html#insecureplatformwarning.
  InsecurePlatformWarning

None of the PILLOW installation variants on this forum seem to be working sadly.

Any further ideas?

Posted on
Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:32 am
Chameleon offline

Martin

Looks as if you're requests module isn't set up for ssl.

This forum explains the options you have:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29134512/insecureplatformwarning-a-true-sslcontext-object-is-not-available-this-prevent

The first one should work fine. You may have to use sudo pip2.6 install requests[security] --upgrade the --upgrade may be important because it might see your current installation and do nothing as 'the requirement is met'. Please try this solution in Terminal. If you still get the problem let me know.

I can also code around the error which I will do in the next release later this week. It looks as if you've got PILLOW in place I can tell the package to ignore the warning and allow the system to continue.

It's so much fun trying to find all of the possible combinations that MACs have to make a simple programme run properly.

Regards

Mike

Posted on
Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:41 am
DaveL17 offline

Chameleon wrote:
It's so much fun trying to find all of the possible combinations that MACs have to make a simple programme run properly.

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike -

You forgot to use the proper tags, so I thought I'd help you out.

[biting_sarcasm]It's so much fun trying to find all of the possible combinations that MACs have to make a simple programme run properly.[/biting_sarcasm]
Dave

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:45 am
Chameleon offline

DaveL17 wrote:
Chameleon wrote:

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike -

You forgot to use the proper tags, so I thought I'd help you out.

[biting_sarcasm]It's so much fun trying to find all of the possible combinations that MACs have to make a simple programme run properly.[/biting_sarcasm]
Dave

Fair point - I should chill out more - oops...

or maybe use [windowsiseasier]It's so much fun trying to find all of the possible combinations that MACs have to make a simple programme run properly.[/windowsiseasier] - and that's something I never thought I'd say :)

Posted on
Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:56 am
DaveL17 offline

Chameleon wrote:
[windowsiseasier]

Ack!

*dislike*

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:21 am
siclark offline

I am trying to get this setup on my mac mini running 10.7.5 and after many hours on google and trying many different things, I cannot get PILLOW to install. Seems to need joeg dependency and have tried installing that library through several ways, but still doesn't work.

I am now getting told that there is no pkg_resources, but I can't seem to install that now .

I am new to mac and indigo and completely stumped now. At least I understand what I am doing with windows, rather than blindly typing commands.

Any ideas on how to progress? As another south west trains sufferer, I want to get this working before all the fun this August!!

Posted on
Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:48 am
kw123 offline

Not because it easy but because it's hard ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:36 pm
siclark offline

Ok.. I'm making some progress, I think.

I have given up on the Apple python install (I think I am making progress in even understanding this comment), and have installed macports and now have both python2.6 and 2.7 setup as macports installs. I have installed pip, pillow and suds on both, and going into python2.6 I can run successfully the test commands.

All looks ok, except when I try to install the iTravel plugin it stops with SystemExit: 4 from line 91. "Couldnt find suds module".

Its definitely installed in both python 2.6 and 2.7 and running manually it works.

So why is the module not finding it?

I am guessing its to do with the path commands that the module is using which ends up at the apple python install?

Any ideas on how to change that? I have I thought put the right PATH statements in my .bash profile.

So close.....

Posted on
Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:12 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Indigo plugins use the Apple-installed Python, so if it's the plugin that's having the issue that's likely the problem.

Also note that there are a wide variety of problems that can be experienced with Indigo when you have alternate pythons installed. You may be OK, just an FYI...

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:36 pm
siclark offline

Cheers... I guessed that was it. Any way to make it use a different python? My Apple installed Python's are really messed up. I cant get pkg_resources installed in 2.6 so cant use Pip

Posted on
Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:53 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

No - we have to link against the built-in Python shared libraries in order to make our integration work. If we attempted to support random python installations we would never get anything else done.

Indigo 7 uses Python 2.7 btw...

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:20 am
siclark offline

Thanks… makes sense

I uninstalled macports, homebrew and python.org as everything was a mess and used time machine to restore the python frameworks folders and got it working. Installed PIP and then PILLOW and SUDS into 2.7 so all good.

Posted on
Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:00 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Glad it's working for you now.

Jay (Indigo Support)