New Install Errors

Posted on
Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:51 pm
wikner offline

New Install Errors

I just installed Nest Home for the first time. It correctly created devices for my thermostat and protects. However I get the following errors repeatedly (probably every 60 seconds, though I have not timed it).
Code: Select all
  NEST Home Error                 Error in plugin execution GetUiDynamicList:

Traceback (most recent call last):
TypeError: Expecting an object of type list; got an object of type NoneType instead

Error                           device "Hallway Thermostat" state key humidityInput1 not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Hallway Thermostat" state key humidityInputsAll not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Hallway Thermostat" state key humidityInput1 not defined (ignoring update request)

Feb 17, 2019 at 5:38:56 PM
   Error                           device "Hallway Thermostat" state key humidityInputsAll not defined (ignoring update request)

Posted on
Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:28 pm
wikner offline

Re: New Install Errors

Well, that problem went away the 4th or 5th time I disabled then re-enabled the plugin.
Here's another problem. When I open one of the NEST protect devices for configuration, make no changes, then close the configuration dialog I get this:

TypeError: Expecting an object of type list; got an object of type NoneType instead

Posted on
Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:07 pm
wikner offline

Re: New Install Errors

I am not trying to change anything. I took no action attempting to change anything. Just clicking around the UI. Here are my actions in detail and the results.
1) double click on one of the Nest Protect devices in my device list. Result: a dialog opens entitled 'Edit Device "Basement Nest Protect"'
2) within the dialog, click on the button labeled "Edit Device Settings..." Result: a second dialog appears entitled "Configure NEST Protect Module" and containing a single popup menu labeled "Link to iFindStuff GeoFence?" (I don't know what this is, and don't have anything named anything like "iFindStuff" installed.)
3) within this second dialog, click the button labeled "Cancel". Result: the following error appears in the log.

While this is a benign error (I think), it's still a bug.

Page 1 of 1