Nest Home Imported Too Many Devices

Posted on
Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:27 pm
Venicenerd offline

Nest Home Imported Too Many Devices

Hi,

I just installed Nest Home in Indigo and got my API Key via the plugin configuration page. However, I have two locations set up in my Nest account and all devices (from both locations) were imported into Indigo (see screenshot).

The Nest Thermostat is actually at my office location and the 4 Nest Protects are in my home. I don't know what the "Nest Home Master" is. Is there any way that I can tell the plugin to only import the devices from my Home location?

Thanks!

Philipp
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 7.20.11 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 7.20.11 PM.png (85.27 KiB) Viewed 1383 times

Posted on
Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:36 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Nest Home Imported Too Many Devices

I don't recall - if you delete them will the plugin automatically recreate them? If so, this is one of the reasons why auto device creation is a bad idea/bad user experience IMO.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:49 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Nest Home Imported Too Many Devices

jay (support) wrote:
I don't recall - if you delete them will the plugin automatically recreate them?

That is my recollection. I would have to back up my DB and delete my thermostats to verify but I seem to remember that once the master is in place the thermostat(s) are auto created.

lanbrown wrote:
Put all the devices you want to see in a group. So when you look at your devices those won't show up.

I did/do the same thing - a entire folder just for devices that are no longer used that will wait when I have a few minutes to back up my Indigo server and then see what happens when I delete those devices and restore the database if needed. I do the same thing for devices I take out of my network that don't yet have a new home (old LampLinc's, extra Z-wave sensors, etc) so that I can easily reassign them when I am ready.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Page 1 of 1