state key humidityInput1 not defined recurring error

Posted on
Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:45 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

state key humidityInput1 not defined recurring error

Is there any resolution to this yet? I figured I would ask before I start rewriting the plugin :? .

Code: Select all
   Error                           device "Upstairs Thermostat" state key humidityInput1 not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Upstairs Thermostat" state key humidityInputsAll not defined (ignoring update request)
   Error                           device "Upstairs Thermostat" state key humidityInput1 not defined (ignoring update request)

Dec 19, 2017 at 11:41:34 AM
   Error                           device "Upstairs Thermostat" state key humidityInputsAll not defined (ignoring update request)

Dec 19, 2017 at 11:42:36 AM

Dec 19, 2017 at 11:43:38 AM

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:01 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: state key humidityInput1 not defined recurring error

I haven't looked at the Nest Plugin source but from Indigo's perspective that error occurs if the plugin tries to update those states but the plugin device property NumHumidityInputs is either not defined or 0 (versus 1). Not sure if that helps you. :shock:

Posted on
Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:30 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Thanks Matt, I knew what was causing it and why I just didn't know if there was a fix for it other than me going in and farting with the plugin. Has the plugin been abandoned? Should I pick it up?

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:07 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Chameleon (Mike) hasn't been around on the forums in several months. He was gone for a long while then briefly reappeared, but hasn't been back since then. We've reached out to him off forum but haven't been able to get in touch with him. We are all hoping he is doing okay.

Given his absence if you would like to take a look at the plugin that would be great. I am very doubtful he would mind if someone were to make improvements while he is absent from participating.

Posted on
Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:37 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

matt (support) wrote:
We are all hoping he is doing okay.

Amen and amen! I know he dealt with some illness earlier and I hope that is still at bay. I'll pickup the slack and poke around the plugin, my messages have mysteriously disappeared for now but I'll keep an eye on the forum for any issues and beef up on the NEST api.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:22 pm
alang_94526 offline

Did you already resolve this? I just added a Nest Gen 3 to my Nest Gen 2 and now I suddenly get this error too. Not sure if is related to going from 1 Nest to 2, or that the new one is in a different property, or and artifact of mixing a Gen 2 with a Gen 3 in the plugin.
I had been running 2.0.32 but upgraded to 2.0.50 with no difference observed.

Posted on
Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:48 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Mine went away after a day, I think it may need time to download new data from the API. I am however keeping an eye on it and plan to try to pick up the plugin if needed while Chameleon is tending to his health.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:48 am
alang_94526 offline

You were right. It cleared itself presumably for the reason you cited.
Thanks for the feedback.

Posted on
Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:16 pm
sparker offline

I've been seeing this since I installed my new Nest about 3 weeks back. Every minute of every day.

Is there some way for me to force the update to the Nest that might make this go away?

Thanks!

Steve

--
Steve Parker
X10 user from the early 80's
Fully converted to Insteon in 2013 (looking to migrate away now)
Proud Indigo owner since the beginning... :)

Posted on
Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:24 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

I’m not sure exactly what makes that error go away but it’s on my todo list to fork the plugin and dissect it.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:17 am
vtmikel offline

Did this disappear for you? When my thermostats were re-created randomly, I experienced the humidity error until I reset the plugin. Then, it stopped.

Posted on
Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:28 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Yes, it went away on its own.

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:05 pm
chrisfromthelc offline

I just installed a Nest E (got rid of the garbage Lyric Thermostat), and am getting this error as well.

edit: And then out of nowhere, it stopped throwing the error.

Posted on
Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:31 pm
bsp9493 offline

Strange, I am NOT seeing any specific errors, but out of the blue, my NEST devices have quit reflecting the accurate humidity values.

ie, NEST thermostats show 34 and 37 respectively. NEST device in indigo is showing 40 for both. Pressing refresh, restarting plugin, restarting Indigo server, does not seem to resolve.

Is there something else I can try to get the NEST thermostat, and indigo device back in sync?

Thanx in advance

dave

Posted on
Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:48 am
dduff617 offline

Just a data point, FWIW: I have two Nests and use Grafana plugin to chart values. I can report that my Nests are reporting humidity changes in what looks to be pretty normal fashion over the last few months (that is with the usual 5% granularity).

Page 1 of 1