Nest Home and Indigo Device Folders

Posted on
Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:11 pm
dduff617 offline

Nest Home and Indigo Device Folders

Before purchasing Nest devices, I had some other brands of communicating thermostats. I had created a devices subfolder called "HVAC" which contained these thermostats and a few other HVAC related devices (fans, pump controls, etc.). I also had another subfolder for "warning" sensors (heat, flood, ...)

Now after installing Nest devices and using Nest Home plugin, I have a new "Nest Home" devices subfolder containing my thermostats and my Nest Protect smoke detectors, plus my old HVAC subfolder which contains my other HVAC-related stuff, and yet another for my warning sensors.

I'd like to be able to move my Nest devices (currently residing in the Nest Home subfolder) to other folders. Failing that, I might like to be able to move a few other devices into the Nest Home folder and have them stay there. It might also be nice to be able to rename the Nest Home folder.

Before I start experimenting and waiting to see what breaks, can anyone fill me in on whether these things are possible with Nest Home? or any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Posted on
Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:13 pm
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: Nest Home and Indigo Device Folders

That folder is for convenience, I have the same HVAC folder in my setup and that's where I moved the contents of that folder after install. If it DOES serve another purpose then I haven't yet stumbled upon what got broken yet :D .

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:19 pm
dduff617 offline

Re: Nest Home and Indigo Device Folders

Wonderful! I just pushed my Nest thermostat devices into my HVAC folder, my Nest Protect devices into my "Sensors" folder, and my Nest Home Master device into a "System" folder. So far it looks like it did not break anything and organization is restored.

Thanks for the (quick) response.

Page 1 of 1