What and where are the best icons and/or controls available?

Posted on
Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:12 pm
akimball offline

What and where are the best icons and/or controls available?

What and where are the best icons and/or controls available when using Nest Home?

I'm looking for some good NEST Protect graphics that I can turn into sharp snazzy control page indicators... a small nest protect with different color rings perhaps. Have you seen any? Thanks, just diving into plugin but it looks very useful so far.

-Al

Posted on
Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:51 pm
Chameleon offline

Re: What and where are the best icons and/or controls availa

Al

Welcome to the NEST Home forum. I haven't spent a lot of time on the graphics yet but I was planning to over the next week or so. It's the next logical step. However, one of the other users, philipbasile was working on a cool user interface. I'm not sure how far he's got but you could ask him. You'll find his request to me on this forum. I added some special integer fields to support him but I haven't heard anything recently so give him a 'chat'.

http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=170&t=14048#p96699

Let me know what you're thinking of and I can add it to my graphics ideas if Philip can't help.

Regards

Mike

Posted on
Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:28 pm
akimball offline

Re: What and where are the best icons and/or controls availa

Thank you and I appreciate the plugin. I was thinking a picture of a nest protect with some indigo-style status icons... I found these on the NEST site describing the color functions of the circle. They could be renamed and used in the indigo static variable folder... I think.

NestProtect+.png (no image yet)
(no color, but a place-holder file, mostly transparent with a thin line around the border for editor.)

NestProtect+OFF.png (no image yet)
(no color, but a place-holder transparent file... could mean no power, may have "OFF" printed in the middle.)

NestProtect+blue.png PAIRING/TESTING
blue-light.png
blue-light.png (9.2 KiB) Viewed 1633 times

NestProtect+green.png OKEY-DOKEY
green-light.png
green-light.png (9.48 KiB) Viewed 1633 times

NestProtect+red.png EMERGENCY
red-light.png
red-light.png (10.24 KiB) Viewed 1633 times

NestProtect+white.png PATHLIGHT (motion)
white-light.png
white-light.png (7.78 KiB) Viewed 1633 times

NestProtect+yellow.png WARNING
yellow-light.png
yellow-light.png (9.17 KiB) Viewed 1633 times

Having a picture of the nest protect to go under these controls may or may not add anything; I think simple is better. These PNG's would need scaling (smaller) most likely but maybe not. Also they use transparency and the best background would be a medium gray or black.... if you want to see the white ring. Obviously these need to be cropped as well when they are reformatted. The NestProtect+OFF.png file would be completely transparent while the NestProtect+.png file would be a cropped box with a thin red line around it just so it is visible while in the Indigo Control Page editor.

-Al

Page 1 of 1