[LOCKED] NEST Beta Forum - Feedback and support requests

Posted on
Sun May 10, 2015 10:52 am
Chameleon offline

[LOCKED] NEST Beta Forum - Feedback and support requests

Hi all

This is the forum for sending some feedback, comments, new feature ideas or just general encouragement for me and others. I suggest that you read the Alpha testing feedback, FAQs and just about everything in the forum to get a better understanding of where we are. If you're having trouble getting a key please read the step by step topic first. If you still can't get going PM or leave feedback here.

The latest version is NEST Home 1.0.0 BETA and you can download it from:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/in3lk879l6wo7qv/AAB0-XEcjPx4A1TQZbMtqZnGa?dl=0

Good luck and let me know how you get on!

Regards

Mike (Chameleon)

Posted on
Sun May 10, 2015 12:29 pm
DU Lou offline

Re: NEST Beta Forum - Feedback and support requests

Hi Mike,
I delete the preference file from my alpha plugin and downloaded the beta. When I pasted my API key I received the following in the event log:

NEST Home Indigo failed to add the Thermostat for key: 6618OChs6r0QT-syOIc6S8ipACGtJnj0
NEST Home Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 1056, in runConcurrentThread
File "plugin.py", line 207, in nestMapping
File "plugin.py", line 751, in nestDeviceSync
File "plugin.py", line 617, in nestCreateDevice
<type 'exceptions.ValueError'>: NameNotUniqueError

NEST Home Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Thanks!
~Lou

Posted on
Sun May 10, 2015 12:44 pm
autolog offline

Hi Lou,
You have to delete your existing alpha devices.
I suggest you disable the beta plugin, then delete your devices (Nest Home Master and Thermostats / Protects) and then re-enable the plugin. :)

Posted on
Sun May 10, 2015 1:54 pm
Ksullivan offline

Hi Guys

I had been strugling to get the Access Token using Terminal and Mike's instructions but used the Nest web site and followed their instructions and it worked :D

curl -X POST "https://api.home.nest.com/oauth2/access_token?code=AUTHORIZATION_CODE&client_id=5ed3998f-34ec-40d2-83c1-057284ecc948&client_secret=CqUsOU73GJzTyxkQF03ZEElIE&grant_type=authorization_code"

Could be Mike's post has it wrong so be careful

Keep up the good work Mike

Keith

Posted on
Sun May 10, 2015 2:22 pm
Ksullivan offline

Hi Mike

Have to say you plugin is Ace :)

I have installed and played around but cannot execute the Away mode from when i set my house alarm any ideas?

NEST Home away
NEST Home Error Error in plugin execution ExecuteAction:

File "plugin.py", line 1312, in setAwayStatus
<type 'exceptions.KeyError'>: 'key structure_key not found in dict'

Posted on
Sun May 10, 2015 3:40 pm
Chameleon158 offline

You have to run the set away command from the Nest Master device for it to work. I'll check it tomorrow but it was working for me earlier

Mike

Posted on
Sun May 10, 2015 3:42 pm
Chameleon158 offline

autolog wrote:
Hi Lou,
You have to delete your existing alpha devices.
I suggest you disable the beta plugin, then delete your devices (Nest Home Master and Thermostats / Protects) and then re-enable the plugin. :)

Quite right... Thanks Jon

Did you get the away trigger working or can you reproduce the issue at all?

Mike

Posted on
Sun May 10, 2015 3:51 pm
Chameleon158 offline

Ksullivan wrote:
Hi Guys

I had been strugling to get the Access Token using Terminal and Mike's instructions but used the Nest web site and followed their instructions and it worked :D

curl -X POST "https://api.home.nest.com/oauth2/access_token?code=AUTHORIZATION_CODE&client_id=5ed3998f-34ec-40d2-83c1-057284ecc948&client_secret=CqUsOU73GJzTyxkQF03ZEElIE&grant_type=authorization_code"

Could be Mike's post has it wrong so be careful

Keep up the good work Mike

Keith

Thanks Keith

Really keen that's people tell us their experiences on the API process because slowly we'll get better at it. The NEST instructions are good. Search google for REST Nest API quick start guide and one of the links (second in my case) takes you through it step by step. The only difference I had to make was -L parameter because it sometimes needs to follow a redirect but not always :?

But great Keith for showing it can be done! BTW the forum post topic on getting an API is better than the FAQs

If only the developer had written an automatic key generator lol . But then there'd be no challenge :mrgreen:
Mike
Last edited by Chameleon158 on Sun May 10, 2015 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Sun May 10, 2015 3:55 pm
Chameleon158 offline

Ksullivan wrote:
Hi Mike

Have to say you plugin is Ace :)

I have installed and played around but cannot execute the Away mode from when i set my house alarm any ideas?

NEST Home away
NEST Home Error Error in plugin execution ExecuteAction:

File "plugin.py", line 1312, in setAwayStatus
<type 'exceptions.KeyError'>: 'key structure_key not found in dict'

I'll have a look tomorrow but make sure that you use the Nest Master Device for the command not thermostat or protect. I tested it in an action group but not a trigger but it should work. I need to trap the error anyway :D

Mike

Posted on
Sun May 10, 2015 4:00 pm
Chameleon158 offline

DU Lou wrote:
Hi Mike,
I delete the preference file from my alpha plugin and downloaded the beta. When I pasted my API key I received the following in the event log:

NEST Home Indigo failed to add the Thermostat for key: 6618OChs6r0QT-syOIc6S8ipACGtJnj0
NEST Home Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

File "plugin.py", line 1056, in runConcurrentThread
File "plugin.py", line 207, in nestMapping
File "plugin.py", line 751, in nestDeviceSync
File "plugin.py", line 617, in nestCreateDevice
<type 'exceptions.ValueError'>: NameNotUniqueError

NEST Home Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Thanks!
~Lou

Sorry Lou I should have trapped this out but was to lazy. I'll edit the code in the next release I promise :)

Posted on
Sun May 10, 2015 9:06 pm
DU Lou offline

No worries Mike. It's working now. One thing I wanted to point out is that the snowflake icon doesn't not change blue when the system is on:
Otherwise no issues so far. It's a pleasure helping you debug to make this the best plugin for Nest yet!

~Lou

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon May 11, 2015 12:40 pm
Chameleon offline

A newer version of NEST Home is available 1.0.11. You'll find the dropbox link on the more recent topic.

No major changes just making the code more robust with Autolog's help.... no more Red Messages on first install :D

Mike

Posted on
Mon May 11, 2015 1:26 pm
Cheezmo offline

I never installed 1.0, but deleted the pref file and devices and installed 1.0.11 and I'm getting this the log... (doesn't seem to like the lack of the preference file?)

2015-05-11 14:24:56.439 Application Reloading plugin "NEST Home 1.0.11"
2015-05-11 14:24:56.440 Application Starting plugin "NEST Home 1.0.11" (pid 21700)
2015-05-11 14:24:56.615 NEST Home Error Error in plugin execution InitializeMain:

File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "plugin.py", line 814, in __init__
File "plugin.py", line 823, in validatePrefsConfigUi
<type 'exceptions.KeyError'>: key nestAuthorisation not found in dict

2015-05-11 14:24:56.616 Application Stopping plugin "NEST Home 1.0.11" (pid 21700)
2015-05-11 14:24:57.648 Application Stopped plugin "NEST Home 1.0.11"
2015-05-11 14:24:59.437 Error plugin "NEST Home 1.0.11" (pid 21700) failed to start -- restarting in 20 seconds
2015-05-11 14:25:19.080 Application Disabling plugin "NEST Home 1.0.11"

Posted on
Mon May 11, 2015 3:53 pm
Chameleon offline

Personal apology

In my desire to make the system more robust I almost broke it :roll:

Well a few more steps around the learning curve tonight. I've released a new version that actually does what I said the last one did :shock:

Thanks Cheezmo for your patient feedback...

If you've used the Alpha and you want to move to Beta:

Disable the plugin
    Download the new one
    Delete any devices
    Install the plug in
    Re-enter your Configuration NEST API Key and it should work without the Red Messages!

Version NEST Home 1.1.01

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/in3lk879l6wo7qv/AAB0-XEcjPx4A1TQZbMtqZnGa?dl=0

Thanks

Mike

Posted on
Thu May 14, 2015 8:06 pm
philipbasile offline

Chameleon,

I'm working on the graphics for a nest control page and I need two things that I'm hoping you can implement.

1. The cool and heat set points display with a single decimal place so that you could conceivably set something like 70.3 deg. Most thermostats including the nest only let you set the temp in integer degrees and only display the current temp and set point in integer degrees. Could you either change the set points and current temp to integers only (unless there are a lot of objections) or implement a TempInt flag that when set to true would truncate the decimal on all the temps ? Or is this part of the built in indigo Thermostat structure ?

2. When the system is set to cool only the heat set point is 0.00 and when the system is set to heat only, vise versa. Is there anyway these could be blank instead of 0.0 ?

Here is my work in progress control page. Its at about 50% of where I'd like it to be. I'm going to try to get most of the dynamic control page graphics done this weekend.

Thanks

Philip

IMG_3260.PNG
IMG_3260.PNG (300.42 KiB) Viewed 4283 times