NEST Home - Production Version

Posted on
Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:05 pm
mdlallemont offline

Re: NEST Home - Production Version

I also just created a Homebridge instance on my server then added the Homebridge-nest plugin. It works great in Apple Home, but Indigo can't see it. I've often wondered why the Homebridge plugin in indigo doesn't go both ways and see HomeKit devices instead of just exposing Indigo devices to HomeKit.

Posted on
Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:48 pm
Sierra offline

mdlallemont wrote:
I also just created a Homebridge instance on my server then added the Homebridge-nest plugin. It works great in Apple Home, but Indigo can't see it. I've often wondered why the Homebridge plugin in indigo doesn't go both ways and see HomeKit devices instead of just exposing Indigo devices to HomeKit.
I wonder the same and that would be great so all automations are siting in Indigo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:04 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Sierra wrote:
mdlallemont wrote:
I wonder the same and that would be great so all automations are siting in Indigo.

Because control of HomeKit devices is tightly controlled by Apple (for "security" purposes). The opensource project that HomeKit Bridge is based on pretends to be hardware that bridges other technologies to HomeKit, but that bridge is one-way (again, it's a design decision by Apple). It doesn't allow stuff on the other side of the bridge to control HomeKit native devices, just the other way around.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn