Reinstall Plugin

Posted on
Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:22 pm
dnomode offline

Reinstall Plugin

Karl,

I think I broke something.

I tried to reinstall your plugin because I think FINGscanEvents were not updating correctly so . Before reinstalling I:

1) Disabled the plugin
2) Deleted all FING scanEvents and IP devices variables
3) Deleted all FingScan devices
4) Shut down the Indigo server
5) Deleted the FingScan plugin from the Plugins (Disabled) folder
6) Deleted the com.karlwachs.fingscan.indiPref
7) Deleted the fing folder from /users/ekloss/indigo
8 ) emptied the trash
9) rebooted the computer
10) then reinstalled your plugin and got the following error:

Code: Select all
Oct 2, 2018, 10:13:13 PM
   Installing and enabling plugin fingscan v7.29.36
   Loading plugin "fingscan 7.29.36"
   Starting plugin "fingscan 7.29.36" (pid 545)
   Started plugin "fingscan 7.29.36"
   Error (client)                  timeout waiting for plugin response from com.karlwachs.fingscan for request UiGetValues1
   Error (client)                  timeout waiting for plugin response from com.karlwachs.fingscan for request CallPluginFunc
   Error (client)                  runConfigDialog() caught exception: NSInvalidArgumentException -- *** -[__NSPlaceholderDictionary initWithObjects:forKeys:count:]: attempt to insert nil object from objects[0]
   fingscan                        FINGSCAN--   initializing     will take ~ 2 minutes...; sending logs to /Users/ekloss/indigo/fing/fingPlugin.log
   fingscan                        network info: {'netWorkId': '192.168.1.0', 'broadcast': '192.168.1.255', 'netMask': '255.255.255.0', 'maxHosts': 254, 'hostRange': '192.168.1.1 - 192.168.1.254'}
   Error (client)                  received unexpected packet response UiGetValues1 (waiting for CallPluginFunc)

The plugin recreates the variables FINGscanEvents and the variables folder for IP devices, however no devices show up in the variables folder and no devices or folders are created in the Indigo home window.

Can you please help me.
Edmond

Posted on
Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:37 pm
kw123 offline

Re: Reinstall Plugin

this looks as if it tries to open config screen and
produces this error:
Error (client) runConfigDialog() caught exception: NSInvalidArgumentException -- *** -[__NSPlaceholderDictionary initWithObjects:forKeys:count:]: attempt to insert nil object from objects[0]

that is beyond my pay grade ==> Matt, Jay
no line number .. where can I look ?

Edmond do you want to do an interactive online session (teamviewer) would like to look around if I can see something.

Karl

Posted on
Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:08 am
dnomode offline

Ya, that would be cool. I'll message you.

Edmond

Posted on
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:42 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

kw123 wrote:
this looks as if it tries to open config screen and
produces this error:
Error (client) runConfigDialog() caught exception: NSInvalidArgumentException -- *** -[__NSPlaceholderDictionary initWithObjects:forKeys:count:]: attempt to insert nil object from objects[0]

I think that error is just a side effect of the previous ones. Looks like Indigo is trying to get the UI values (and/or XML) for the plugin's config dialog but the plugin is not returning them fast enough (hung up on a network call or something?). I think that timeout is set to 10+ seconds, so after 10+ seconds Indigo gives up and then it looks like it proceeds with trying to show the config UI but doesn't have any data so the NSInvalidArgumentException ends up getting thrown.

Update: also looks like further down in the log snippet the original call to get the UI values does return ("received unexpected packet response UiGetValues1"). By that point Indigo has given up though. So the issue definitely looks like the plugin is hung-up for several seconds and not responding to Indigo's request for the UI values for some reason.

Page 1 of 1