Fingscan and iFind

Posted on
Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:06 pm
midd offline

Fingscan and iFind

Anyone using these features together? I used Fingscan but disabled it when iFind came about. Now I want to integrate the two. I have them setup but now I just need to bring them together. I have variables setup for iFind for my phone, my wife's phone, the number of phones not home. I use iFind in conjunction with the Advanced Thermostat Adjustment Action Group to adjust my HVAC when we are not home. I setup a timer that we have to be gone for 20 minutes or more, in case we run to the nearby store or drop one of the kids off to a friend's house.

Sometimes iFind misses when we enter or exit the Geofence and the change isn't made. It most likely occurs between the time of the last and current update. If one of us are home then no adjustments are made. I'm hoping Fingscan will be a "backup" in case iFind misses.

I have myphoneishome (true or false), Valsphoneishome (true or false) and Phonesnothome (0,1,2)

So I'm guessing that I need setup triggers based on allHome_1, AllAway_1, oneHome_1 and oneAway_1 to adjust the aforementioned variables?

Any help is appreciated.

Indigo 7, Monterey (12.1) on a 2009 Mac Pro..

Posted on
Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:46 pm
kw123 offline

Re: Fingscan and iFind

Fingscan and ifind talk to each other.
You need to setups in an event in fingscan the ifind device and the ip device
Then all home will require that ip device is up and ifind device is up

One home will trigger when one of these is up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1