filled (transparent) curves rendering incorrectly

Posted on
Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:05 pm
MattDinOC offline

filled (transparent) curves rendering incorrectly

Hi Karl,

I had been using a pretty old version of INDIGOplotD until today, when I updated to v2022.21.76, and all the filled curves I use in my plot are now messed up...

My data sources for these curves are 0/1 values, and I multiply them by 100 in the data source definition. So normally I get an area on my plot which is shaded (top to bottom) when a fan is on, or not when it's off.

But with this update, the off state fills an area between 0 and 40, and the on state fills the area between 40 and 100. How would I go about debugging this? I made a new test plot with just one data series, thinking that maybe my previous plot "device" got corrupted at some point. But the new plot shows the same behavior. (attached)

I hope I'm explaining things clearly. Let me know if anything doesn't make sense.

Thanks,
Matt
Attachments
test plot-minute-S1.png
test plot-minute-S1.png (57.42 KiB) Viewed 3642 times

Posted on
Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:09 pm
MattDinOC offline

Re: filled (transparent) curves rendering incorrectly

This post from a couple years ago should give you an idea of what I'm trying to do...

Posted on
Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:44 pm
MattDinOC offline

Re: filled (transparent) curves rendering incorrectly

OK I finally dug into this some more and found the problem. In indigoMPplot.py I found this code:

Code: Select all
               elif lt =="FilledCurves":
                  yLimit = ax.get_ylim()
                  axx.fill_between(xtimeCol[ll0],columnDataToPlot[ll0],yLimit[0],zorder=zorder,facecolor=lc,color=lc, alpha=la, lw=0.)

The yLimit is being derived from the left Y-axis values, whereas in my plot, my filled curves are indexed to the right Y-axis. Rather than trying to mess with the source code, I am swapping my axes so that the left one goes 0-100 and the right one goes 40-120. Curves are working properly again now!

Matt

Page 1 of 1